Question about 4100 patio

ketah777

Hello, I'm curious about the 4100 rear patio. Can that be left open most of the time, or does it need to be closed up during the night, when it rains, or when you will not be hanging around the campsite?

scottyb

The only time I close mine is when there is a threat of severe weather at night when we are going to bed or if I am going to be gone and will not be there to close it if it hits. I have had it rained on several times.

remoandiris

I leave the patio on my 4000 open all the time. The 3-season wall/doors are closed and the dogs are loose in the garage when we're gone. During a hard rain, some water will get in, but not much.

ketah777

Is is safe to leave down while you're away from the campsite? I mean, would it be easy for someone to break in that way? I have heard a little about the 3 season wall/doors, but not sure how secure it is, and we don't have a dog that would be back there. Thanks for the help!

scottyb

You still have the sliding door that can be locked. However, if somebody wants in your rig bad enough, they're going to get in. I don't have a problem leaving it open at the places I park my rig.

remoandiris

You still have the sliding door that can be locked. However, if somebody wants in your rig bad enough, they're going to get in. I don't have a problem leaving it open at the places I park my rig.

+1. I also usually leave the bicycles, kayaks, and motorcycle outside/unsecured. If some thieving scumbag wants to take them I hope karma pays them a visit, but I'm not going to worry about it.

ketah777

Thanks for the feedback. We currently have a travel trailer and have not had any trouble with theft. It seems most campers are pretty good people. Glad to hear we won't have to close up the patio very often once we get a Cyclone.