HELP!! Can't find grey tank valve #2

debrods

We recently bought a fairfield 403BH. I know I have 2 grey tanks and 1 black tank but I only can find 2 valve handles...one for the black and one for grey tank #1. Where is the handle for grey tank #2? My sensor reads grey tank #1 as empty but grey tank #2 as full. How do I empty #2?

Thanks for your reply!

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
We recently bought a fairfield 403BH. I know I have 2 grey tanks and 1 black tank but I only can find 2 valve handles...one for the black and one for grey tank #1. Where is the handle for grey tank #2? My sensor reads grey tank #1 as empty but grey tank #2 as full. How do I empty #2?

Thanks for your reply!
Not sure but you might have dual sewer connections. If I'm wrong then the best thing to do is call Heartland customer service and they may be able to answer your question.

Make sure to have your Vin# ready when you call. If your don't have the number go to the portals page at the top and it is listed there.

By the way, welcome to the Heartland family.

debrods

Not sure but you might have dual sewer connections. If I'm wrong then the best thing to do is call Heartland customer service and they may be able to answer your question.

Make sure to have your Vin# ready when you call. If your don't have the number go to the portals page at the top and it is listed there.

By the way, welcome to the Heartland family.

We have called the support line and they told us to go see our local dealer. We are not close to the dealership was hoping someone may have the same trailer and could direct US to the valve. We live in Canada and will have to make sure the tank is emptied before winter.

debrods

We contacted heartland and they told us to talk to our local dealer. This is of no help for they need to look at it in person and we are too far away from them. We live in Canada and will need to drain this tank before winter or it will freeze.

danemayer

The selling dealer is supposed to show you how everything operates. You should press them to send someone out to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Look for an access door under the kitchen. We looked at another model, not yours, and found the missing gray tank valve.

debrods

Was this on the underbelly or a storage door on the side of the trailer. I'm looking just cant seem to find anything.:confused:

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Have you looked at the area behind the rear wheels going back the rear of the trailer. It also may be at the rear. Have you found any other sewer connections?

debrods

i have checked both spots and found nothing. The trailer only has one drain that both grey and black empty out of. What is strange is that the grey tank #1 actually has a sticker on the trailer saying Grey tank valve #1. which would lead me to believe that somewhere else i would see another sticker saying grey tank #2. Ill keep looking and hopefully someone with the same trailer will see this post and help me out.

Thanks for your input

wdk450

Can you just PHONE the guy who took all your money at the dealership to get you the answer? Maybe they can e-mail a picture of where the control is. A good salesman wants happy customer referrals for more sales.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Kind of strange that HL can't just tell you where THEY put the drain on that rig. They're the ones that built the thing. One assumes, correctly I hope, that they built them to some common blueprint and not the whim of the day.

debrods

Heartland told us to contact our dealer saying THEY must have forgotten to plumb that second drain?? After a couple of colorful conversations with the dealer he assumes that if we can only see one grey tank handle then we must only have one grey tank. All specs say I have 2 and so does my gauges in my trailer. I'm assuming one tank is over flowing into the other and then draining out. This is fine for now but the full tank will need to be drained before winter. At least I have all summer to figure it out.lol

wdk450

Heartland told us to contact our dealer saying THEY must have forgotten to plumb that second drain?? After a couple of colorful conversations with the dealer he assumes that if we can only see one grey tank handle then we must only have one grey tank. All specs say I have 2 and so does my gauges in my trailer. I'm assuming one tank is over flowing into the other and then draining out. This is fine for now but the full tank will need to be drained before winter. At least I have all summer to figure it out.lol

Are they (the dealer) too lazy to just walk out in their lot to another of the same model and take a picture for you, or are they so ignorant of the products they sell that they have no idea?

Mizmary

Have you looked under the slide? We had a camper once that required a crawl under the slide to pull the grey for the kitchen?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Look toward the rear of your trailer for the drain tank.

It probably has a separate gray tank for the kitchen, like ours does.

LeeLove

Debrods, we too are experiencing a similar problem...sensor panel shows 2 grey water tanks and 2 black water tanks (1 grey water always reading full, while primary reads empty), but we can only find 3 pull handles (2 in the front access, but only one handle in the rear access panel, even though there is another spot for another handle)...questions to the dealership about it result in various responses, from shrugging of the shoulders to being told back bathroom holding tank is grey/black water combined, and when asked why we have 2 grey water listings on sensor panel, 'hmmmm...not sure.' As we were not given an owners manual when we purchased our 2014 Road Warrior 415, we're having to 'wing it' and try to figure things out ourselves.

Miltp920

On one of my Montanas, the second grey tank was in the wheel well, pretty ackward place to put a pull valve.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
As we were not given an owners manual when we purchased our 2014 Road Warrior 415, we're having to 'wing it' and try to figure things out ourselves.

Look around in the drawers and cabinets for a zippered folio bag with a whole bunch of papers and other stuff in it . . . it should be in there somewhere!

If you can't find it . . . contact your dealer right away and ask them for it . . . or to get you one!

quiltsnh

We have the same trailer 403BH and I also had this question. I spoke to Heartland and there is only one output... one tank fills into the other and both drain from same output. You needed it because it has a washer hookup that will fill the tank quite quickly. Kind of confusing... since they are listed separately on panel...