Antenna usage

We just purchased a Wilderness travel trailer and cannot figure out if the antenna on the roof is adjustable. If so, how do you adjust it?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We just purchased a Wilderness travel trailer and cannot figure out if the antenna on the roof is adjustable. If so, how do you adjust it?

If it is like all of the others you turn the knob to elavate the antenna and then you rotate the outer dial to turn it to the desired direction. Be sure to align the arrows on the knob/dial before you crank it back down and the you are back in the travel position. (PS be sure to lower the antenna prior to traveling if you want to prevent roof/antenna damage)

jimtoo

Hi Tishaleigh,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share when possible.

If your antenna is standard, you crank it upright and then the inside part with the pointer on it will need to be pulled down about 1/4-1/2 inch and then held down while you rotate the antenna. You will also need to turn on the amp for the antenna. Should be where you hooked your TV cable, small black button. Just don't forget to turn it back around and crank it down before you depart. :)

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It is adjustable, but I've never really figured out how to actually aim the ****ed thing . . . and the manual doesn't give any information on the subject.

I usually just look at how everyone else in the campground has theirs aimed . . . aim mine the same way, then scan for channels!

I will be switching out my batwing for a JackTV antenna and a signal meter in the next couple of weeks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you do not have a crank in the ceiling for the antenna then there is a good chance that you have the omni-directional antenna.
No aiming.

Peace
Dave

Tallyrver

I have the standard bat wing .it may be like mine ,when they installed it they got a little carried away with the sealant.

Wayne