Slow draining shower in brand new RW unit

Remeron

Hi everyone,

I noticed that our new rig has a very slow draining shower/bathtub. We often have a good inch of bath water still trying to slowly drain away each time we finish a shower. It would often take five minutes for the water to all empty out after using it. Wondering if this is normal for all the new RW and Heartland Products? We asked our dealer and they said it was completely normal and that it is common with all RVs. I've looked high and slow to see if there is a air valve or release which may be preventing it from draining efficiently. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

danemayer

Hi Remeron,

If the gray tank is not full, it's absolutely not normal. You may have a blocked or misplaced vent pipe. A direct conversation with the dealer service tech might be helpful. If they continue to tell you it's normal, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and ask if they can have a conversation with your dealer. Have your VIN # ready.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Trying to keep the solution simple....I wonder if there's a bunch of construction debris (sawdust etc.) in the drain trap.

DocFather

Robert, you say "new rig" and have a 2013 rig listed. Is it new to you or brand new off the lot. Did it ever drain fast since you got it?

I have really long hair and twice I went to make sure that the drain valve was open after water backed into the tub. Turned out it my hair slowing it to a crawl. If you are bald, ignore this post!!!
:cool:

Remeron

Robert, you say "new rig" and have a 2013 rig listed. Is it new to you or brand new off the lot. Did it ever drain fast since you got it?

I have really long hair and twice I went to make sure that the drain valve was open after water backed into the tub. Turned out it my hair slowing it to a crawl. If you are bald, ignore this post!!!
:cool:

Hi Doc, Yes we have a new rig. We purchased it brand new from the lot and has had this problem since the beginning. It never drained quickly ever. So frustrating. I will be talking to Heartland directly in the next couple of days.