Which vent cover is better?

• MaxxAir Original

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MaxxAir II

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tyler_4

Hi I just got my Gateway 3650 bh delivered and noticed there are no vent covers. I am hoping on going to the store tday and wanted to know whih vent covers are better. The MaxxAir original or MaxxAirII? would like to get the black ones what do you guys think?
Thanks!

bsuds

I have the original for the bathroom and bedroom vents and the MaxxAirII for the Fantastic fan in the main area. Works for me.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not sure about which model is which, but if you're putting MaxxAir covers on, get the hinged mounting kit for them. Makes cleaning under them a lot easier.

GWRam

3u5ava4u.jpg

I use the Max Air II smoke not black. As far as I know all max air II can swing out of the way for easy cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

The hinging may be part of the upgrade. I had to buy the hinges after the fact. Simple mod, though.

tyler_4

I use the Max Air II smoke not black. As far as I know all max air II can swing out of the way for easy cleaning.

ok thanks for both of your responses, i went tot the store the other day and the are back ordered so it looks like i will be waiting. also the back vent in the bunk room on the 3650 bh how does it hook on? the front one has clips on the vent itself.

GWRam

I put white max air II on my old tt and the smoke tinted max air II on our gateway. Both times they came with all the mounting hardware. You just have to decide if you want the cover to open toward the left or right for cleaning. For example on our 1/2 bath vent since it is near the edge of the camper I put the hinge side toward the edge of roof and the cotter pin side toward the middle of the roof where I have room to sit away from the edge.

Takes about 10 minutes each to install.

GWRam

I'm not sure what you mean about clips on the vent. My install has bolts through the vent frame. You have to drill through the vent frame.

JohnDar

Max Air One or Two...........Fantastic fan does not recommend either.

I've had a MaxxAir FanMate cover on my Fantastic Fan since 2009. Hasn't killed it yet. The standard MaxxAir sized covers are too small, so you have to buy the right one.

tyler_4

I'm not sure what you mean about clips on the vent. My install has bolts through the vent frame. You have to drill through the vent frame.

ok thanks because i have never installed one because the maxi air original was already on my old fifth wheel. i will figure it out:)

JohnDar

ok thanks because i have never installed one because the maxi air original was already on my old fifth wheel. i will figure it out:)

The directions are pretty straightforward. Set the cover over the closed vent and center it. Have someone inside raise the vent lid to be sure it's not interfering with it. Mark the position of the four slots on the cover onto the roof. Align the mounting brackets to those marks and then mark the vent frame side where the hole in the vertical leg of the bracket lines up. Then drill a hole for the mounting screw. Only the first one is "scary." To be sure, however, you are NOT drilling any holes in the roof.