New Landmark Augusta almost ready!

theharveys

Our new Landmark has been delivered to the dealer. During the PDI, the dealer discovered a small dent in the refrigerator door panel and a screw which had been driven through the dining table surface. They have ordered the new parts and our new trailer should be ready for us to pickup in about a week, or so. We can hardly wait! We will actually camp in it for a couple days in the adjoining, dealer owned KOA. The dealership (Sherrard RV in Colbert, OK) will assign a service tech to our trailer and they will fix anything we find during those couple days.
Our first trip out will be in April. We intend to spend a week on the Texas gulf coast. Unfortunately, we will not be able to make the Southwest Rally...maybe in the fall.

theharveys

Well, the dealer received the new table, however the new refrigerator panel is not due to be in for several days or weeks. So the dealer said we could come and pick up our new trailer and when the refrigerator panel comes in, they will send a technician the 150 some odd miles to our house and install the new panel in the trailer, right in our driveway.
So, we go tomorrow (Friday) to see the trailer and camp in it for the weekend right there at the dealer-owned KOA. They will have the trailer all setup in the campground when we get there.
We can't wait to see it!

theharveys

Great "Shakedown" Weekend

We had a great weekend in our new Landmark! We were a little worried about the Slate interior color option, but it is really a beautiful interior and we are happy we ordered it. The dealer liked it so much, he is ordering two more in the same color. The solid surface counters are much darker than the original Landmark we looked at. I was very happy about that! I much prefer the darker countertops.
We only had one issue to speak of which required the help of the technician assigned to us for the weekend. The water line to the refrigerator (ice maker and water tap) had not been installed from the factory. All the valves and fittings were in place...just no water line.
Brad (service tech) fixed the trailer right in our campsite. Other than that everything else is great.
Again, we have had a great experience with the dealer, RV Station, in Colbert, Oklahoma and in particular with Salesman Gary Taylor. Based on my experiences to date, I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Hey theharveys,

I have to tell you a story about the slate interior. We have a 2009 LM Pinehurst on order and from a picture of the swatch board, Nancy selected the Harvest decor.

Well, I just spent 3 days in a LM Augusta with slate and I have to say, it's an awesome decor. When it was first described to me before the swatch boards were made, when I heard blue, I was thinking of a decor stuck in the 80s.

Boy was I surprised when I saw slate up close. So yes, some blue, but light and subtle. It really keeps the entire trailer lighter.

Anyway, I took a bunch if pictures and emailed them to Nancy from the show as we still have time to change and she nixed it. We omitted chairs and have La-Z-Boy Reclin-A-Way recliners on order and we took the Harvest swatch to the store to select the chair fabric. There was no chancing a mis-match now so she said "nice" but no, we're leaving it as-ordered.

That all said to say, you made a great choice and I think a lot more people will like it as well.

Jim

theharveys

Picture of "Mr Big" and new Landmark

Thought I would test attaching a picture to a post. Here, (assuming it worked) is a picture of our truck and new trailer.

Attachments

• New Landmark 002.JPG
    New Landmark 002.JPG
    479.8 KB · Views: 36

jbeletti

Wow! Mr. Big... You know I am loving this! Looks like you have a rear air suspension on that F550 as it does not even look like you have anything hitched to it. Nice and level :)

Cannot wait to connect a Pinehurst to mine. Hey, you need some graphics on that stark white truck. I want to do something that ties with the trailer graphics on my white truck.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

theharveys

Jim,
I actually do not have airbags on the truck. It just has a very stout suspension. It rides a little rough empty, but when I hitch up the trailer, it smooths right out and rides very confortably. As our daughter usually travels with us, we had the rear seat/bed removed and we installed some "front" bucket seats in the back. They are much more comfortable for back seat passengers.
Believe it or not, my DW uses the truck as her daily driver. She loves having all that steel around her.
I am trying to talk the DW into some graphics for the truck. Now that we have a trailer we plan to keep for awhile, I would like to get some matching graphics on the truck.
Here is a better picture of "Mr. Big".

Attachments

• Mr Big.JPG
    Mr Big.JPG
    487.4 KB · Views: 24

jbeletti

Mr. Big is in great shape for being 8 years old! Did you get it new? Did you have the conversion done?

Jim

theharveys

We have had the truck about three years. The previous owners had the conversion done. They used it to haul a horse trailer. I was in the market for a slightly used one-ton ford, but I could not find anything that appealed to me. I really wanted an F550 but felt I would not be able to afford one.
However, I saw this one in the Truck Trader and decided to check it out. I bought it as soon as I saw it. You are right. It is in excellent shape. It only had 64000 miles when I bought it. I got such a great deal on it, that I am sure I could sell it today for more than I paid for it, (not that I have any intention of doing that.)