2015 Landmark 365 Newport (Front Bath)

jbeletti

Hi all,

Let's use this thread to share information and discuss the all-new 2015 Landmark 365 Newport floor plan.

I'll start out by saying this is our latest Landmark floor plan and is the first in the Landmark 365 series. It is a front bathroom configuration.

I'm attaching a floor plan image and hope to be uploading an MSRP sheet soon.

Image file below and PDF version of image, attached for downloading.

LM_Newport.jpg

Attachments

• LM_Newport.pdf
    682.4 KB · Views: 240

porthole

Retired
This floor plan is much closer to the prototype, including showing the queen bed.

The prototype had a large single sink, with no option for the double and Andy said it was staying. The large single basin allows for installation of a dishwasher under the sink, as it has a drain on the end.

The cooktop is forward a bit and good sized cabinet is between the TV and cook top.

Martin314

The 365 series is for full time living I assume . Can you share how the 365 series will differ from the standard Landmark.

Thank you,

Seren

How firm is the floor plan? I assume that it is still a work in progress since it shows very little storage in the galley and bedroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We were impressed with the actual amount of storage in the galley and bedroom. The floorplans don't do justice to the amount of cabinetry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
How firm is the floor plan? I assume that it is still a work in progress since it shows very little storage in the galley and bedroom.

Spent a lot of time looking around in the trailer. Between the galley and 1/2 bath storage there is plenty. Between the bedroom and main bath there is plenty. Each of the rooms have quite a bit of storage by themselves. Overall, I personally think you could more then exceed the listed GVW with no water, just using the basement and never setting foot inside.

I am curious what the loaded pin weight will be...... There is a lot of trailer in front of the wheels.

There were no specs available other then the yellow tags and GVW tag. "Guestimates" at the waste tankage sizes. But if you go by the yellow tags it appears to have tankage of approximately 90 gallons of fresh and four 40 gallon waste tanks.

"Full load of water = 847 pounds". That equals 102 gallons, 12 for the water heater and 2 45 gallon fresh tanks.
"Mass of waster water tanks when full = 1394 pounds. That equals approximately 160 gallons of waste, four 40 gallon tanks.

Without the fresh tanks full there is a reserve cargo capacity of 919 pounds. You don't need a calculator to see that with full water and less almost full waste you are above the GVW before a s single item is placed inside.
And, keep in mind, no genny, no washer dryer, no slide awnings etc on the prototype to subtract from the empty weight.

I had a pin weight scale with me, should have gathered up the cast of usual suspect and did an impromptu weigh in.

I'm thinking this may be a trailer that requires at the minimum of an F-350 DRW with high capacity towing package, a F-450 or the new super HD Ram, or an MDT. Leaving the GM camp to wonder when GM's next "big" truck is coming out.

3 axles maybe?
2 axle tamdems like the Newmar Kountry Air?
Add the rest of the pin box capacity to the GVW? That would gain an extra 1000 pounds.

boatto5er

Duane nailed it on the weight issues. We never dry camp so we could possibly squeak by with just an added washer/dryer and carrying just minimum water for road travel use. I would definitely go with the H rated 17.5 in Goodyears and look seriously at a suspension upgrade. Wouldn't change the GVW, but would add some peace of mind.

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The one thing I didn't like was that the control panel was open and exposed right at the front door. It would be better to have them in a small cabinet. Would also like to have 2 sinks in the bathroom.

The really neat thing that Heartland did was hide the bedroom tv behind a one way mirror. Love that idea even tho the cushion seat underneath did not have enough head clearance.

boatto5er

That vanity in the bathroom was huge. When Debra saw it, she gave it a big hug! Probably could get two sinks in it with room left over.

Seren

I was not able to download the pdf file on my iPad, but what is the GVWR, dry weight, and hitch weight? Seems like it is going to be a heavy. Is the Newport going to have a normal birth or a C section? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

porthole

Retired
The open control panel was discussed with "Andy", I think he agreed, it needs to be behind cover. But, not like on the Big Horn version front bath.

If my vote counted I would vote for the single sink. To me the double tiny sinks are a waste of space.
I would also vote to forget the fancy mirror and fill the space with a bigger TV.

cdreamn

This is the weight sticker on the Newport

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403557587929.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403557587929.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 246

cdreamn

Golf cart not included

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403557767224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403557767224.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 145

porthole

Retired
Any chance on rousting up Andy to come on here and keep the interest alive?

The mystery 4200 generated more chatter with nothing more then a cloud concept.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I have heard that the Grand Canyon will be discontinued and the Savannah is being renamed.