Has anyone upgraded to LED ?

Herbie

I am looking to change the interior lights to LED. Not sure if to go with a new fixture with the led installed, or just install a LED bulb.

Also, does anyone know the voltage difference at the fixture, battery vs. generator? I have found fixtures the have a range of 11-18 volts.
imgLoading_30x30.gif

Looking for answers. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-LED-12v-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ce33deaf&vxp=mtr

whp4262

I am looking to change the interior lights to LED. Not sure if to go with a new fixture with the led installed, or just install a LED bulb.

Also, does anyone know the voltage difference at the fixture, battery vs. generator? I have found fixtures the have a range of 11-18 volts.
imgLoading_30x30.gif

Looking for answers. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-LED-12v-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ce33deaf&vxp=mtr

With the generator charging the battery the voltage will be a couple volts higher then the normal battery voltage by itself. So it should be more than 11v but less than 18v.

I changed my rear ramp lights to LED and bought a couple LED 1141 replacement lights to try inside. My wife doesn't like the bluish light from the LEDs so I'm going to try a couple warm color LEDs to see if I can get closer to the incandescent light color. Either way I will change them all because the LEDs consume a fraction of the amps and are much cooler then the 1141s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've changed all of the bulbs in our rig to LED's except for the three over the vanity. Even the 120V lamps we have are now LED's. It's not cheap, but the heat and power reduction are worth it.

bigdob24

I have change to LEDs on all our RVs , there are a few sites that sell the bulbs. Just figure out whitch base fits and replace the bulbs.
We do a lot of dry camping and LEDs make a very big difference on battery usage.
Also get a reduction in heat off the bulbs so let's the air run cooler if you keep all the lights on.

Mizmary

Almost all of ours are changed. We just bought the bulbs as opposed to the fixtures. They work well.

Lynn1130

A search here will bring up numerous threads about LED change over.

All interior lights in our rig have been changed over. The best buy I found was on EBay and from China. I have had the bulbs in for over a year with no trouble or failures. Heartland can give you the types of bulbs in your particular unit and there are several places to cross reference them.

This is a good article to review.
http://www.loveyourrv.com/install-r...aign=Morning+Star-+Edition+1&utm_medium=email

Bogie

I changed all the lamps in the existing fixtures in my rig with LED. I changed them to reduce the power drain on the batteries while boondocking. I got them at a very reasonable price on ebay. Yes... they came from China, but nearly all of them are manufactured there anyway. You may want to do some research on color temperature before you buy. The first group I bought were bright white and the DW hated them. The next batch were warm white. I reused the bright white in the garage and other outside lamps. Happy wife, happy life!

bsuds

I just received my first batch of LEDs and installed them yesterday so time will tel if DW likes them or not. She hasn't seen them yet. Try buyincoins.com as I averaged $1.50 per bulb. (1157 bulbs in our fixtures) These can be as high as $15 ea locally.
The 18smd's will work for the areas you don't need to be too bright and the 68 seem to be good for the others. I have ordered 20 more for a total of 40 and the cost is approx $65.
Now I just need to figure out which bulbs I need for over the table and the one over the stove as I want to replace them as well.

Shugh

After upgrading our 4000 from last year it had the old school lights inside.

Our newest unit has already been converted over to led and must admit love it. give off far better lighting and bulbs are not a issue Found no change in load on the rig/gen/shore infact it brought load down just a little

I've changed all of the bulbs in our rig to LED's except for the three over the vanity. Even the 120V lamps we have are now LED's. It's not cheap, but the heat and power reduction are worth it.
Hi John. I want to swap out the incandescent bulbs in the ceiling lights. Are they the bayonet type bulbs? And if so, are they single pole or double pole type bulbs? Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hi John. I want to swap out the incandescent bulbs in the ceiling lights. Are they the bayonet type bulbs? And if so, are they single pole or double pole type bulbs? Thanks
Hi Dan. The ones in the ceiling fixtures were single pole, 1141 base bayonet lamps. We had wall sconces in our rig that were two pole lights and took a different bulb number (don't remember which).

Hi Dan. The ones in the ceiling fixtures were single pole, 1141 base bayonet lamps. We had wall sconces in our rig that were two pole lights and took a different bulb number (don't remember which).
Thank you so much. I just ordered the right bulbs. Cant wait to see the difference. Those incandescent bulbs throw off some heat!!