New 3950fb

farside291

Well, we have had our 2015 3950fb for about a month now. We absolutly love it, its everything we wanted in a fifthwheel. We have it into the dealer for a couple of minor things. The residential fridge...has anyone had issue with the door handle hitting the pantry? I know its minor but its still bugs me when I forget and it bangs into the pantry. The other thing is who thought it was a good idea to put almost every switch in a closet? I put a light in which made it better but...behind a small panel just inside the door would have been better. I also have the same problem with light switch placement. The downstairs bathroom has the fantastic fan switch first then the light switch, eventually we will get used to the placement but I cant count the number of times I have turned on the fan instead of the light. The last thing is, I sure wish the dealers would have dispay models and different units for sale. Our hometheater seat is already extremly soft from everyone who looked at the unit going in and sitting next to the window, heck, guess where I sat when we looked at it! Other than those couple of things, I wish we would have looked at Heartland 15 years ago. We love our new fifthwheel and this forum. Were glad to be part of the Heartlnd family.

jimtoo

Hi farside291,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I moved your thread to a better area and will delete the other,, Thanks for joining us.

Jim M

PTLOVER

Well, we have had our 2015 3950fb for about a month now. We absolutly love it, its everything we wanted in a fifthwheel. We have it into the dealer for a couple of minor things. The residential fridge...has anyone had issue with the door handle hitting the pantry? I know its minor but its still bugs me when I forget and it bangs into the pantry. The other thing is who thought it was a good idea to put almost every switch in a closet? I put a light in which made it better but...behind a small panel just inside the door would have been better. I also have the same problem with light switch placement. The downstairs bathroom has the fantastic fan switch first then the light switch, eventually we will get used to the placement but I cant count the number of times I have turned on the fan instead of the light. The last thing is, I sure wish the dealers would have dispay models and different units for sale. Our hometheater seat is already extremly soft from everyone who looked at the unit going in and sitting next to the window, heck, guess where I sat when we looked at it! Other than those couple of things, I wish we would have looked at Heartland 15 years ago. We love our new fifthwheel and this forum. Were glad to be part of the Heartlnd family.

I purchased the same unit and was wondering what truck your using to tow it. How is the truck doing?

My unit is at the dealer and we are going to have them add bumper with bike rack and other goodies since our order was mess up they are offering discounts on items. We went to Elkhart and tour the plant and order a new unit just how we wanted it and promised the unit would be at our camp site July 1st and it was August 7th and the unit was missing a few things.

farside291

We bought the Big Country 3950FB. We absolutly love it. So much more room than our old 36 footer. We had a very small punch list of defects only 6 items. The major one was the sofa was soft on one side from people looking at the unit on the lot and sitting on that one seat. The dealer ordered us a new one and will replace it when it comes in. Most everything else is very minor. We tow ours with a Chevrolet 3500 Dually with the Duramax engine - completely stock, no power adders and it tows it just fine. Just got in to town from a 300 mile trip and averaged about 10 mpg at 60-65 mph. Not bad we have it loaded for full time use. I have not weighed it yet but I am sure its over 13500. My wife drove behind me in the car and commented on how nice it would be to have a bumper with a hitch to tow her car behind plus it just looks like its missing something back there because the back of the trailer is so high.

ljsexton

We also just purchased the 3950FB and love it. Currently working through the usual kinks with a new unit. With regards to the fridge handle hitting the pantry we put a small piece of foam pipe insulation on the handle and that took care of the banging into the pantry door. We tow our RV with a 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 diesel with no problems.

farside291

That's exactly what we did about the handle. Too bad the foam doesn't come in brown.;) We put a LG all in one washer dryer combo unit in ours and after a few trial and error uses we finally figured it out. Works great just gotta keep the loads small and don't dry them completely to prevent wrinkles.