EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Anacoco - 12/5/2014 to 12/7/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lil Guy'

Forget the weather down here. Watching me and DW dock our rig on a back-in spot is worth the trip alone. It won't be DW for about 5 to 8 hours after the ordeal. Starts out just screaming, then arm flailing and hand signals like you've never seen and can't begin to imagine what they mean, to finally hand signals you will recognize. I'm telling you, it' worth the price of admission. I need to get her some pompoms. She acts more like a cheerleader, sometimes out of sight but always pops back into sight, bouncing around, arm thrashing and shouting. I hope she doesn't look at this post. That would make this 170 mile trip seem a lot longer. The show will start about 1:00 PM Friday. Everyone should pay my way just for the entertainment.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Forget the weather down here. Watching me and DW dock our rig on a back-in spot is worth the trip alone. It won't be DW for about 5 to 8 hours after the ordeal. Starts out just screaming, then arm flailing and hand signals like you've never seen and can't begin to imagine what they mean, to finally hand signals you will recognize. I'm telling you, it' worth the price of admission. I need to get her some pompoms. She acts more like a cheerleader, sometimes out of sight but always pops back into sight, bouncing around, arm thrashing and shouting. I hope she doesn't look at this post. That would make this 170 mile trip seem a lot longer. The show will start about 1:00 PM Friday. Everyone should pay my way just for the entertainment.

Come on it won't be that bad but just incase we will make sure to have our chairs out around your site when you get there so we can all watch the show. Is there an admission cost for it? Lol. We are heading up at noon tomorrow to get setup. Should be several others there too at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Well 6 of the 7 rigs expected for the inaugural LA rally showed up today. The show starts tomorrow though with the arival of the "little guy" along with a juicy steak at a local place and to be finished off with s'mores and cocktails around the campfire. For those that missed this one, don't miss the spring rally in kinder. Lol

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Andy, take lots of pics, many of us have to live vicariously through those that get to RV right now!

jassson007

Andy, take lots of pics, many of us have to live vicariously through those that get to RV right now!

Will do.

Forgot to mention we have a special guest that joined us as well. I will post a pic tomorrow. Lol

'Lil Guy'

We'll be arriving later Friday or maybe Saturday. We're headed to North Toledo Bend SP earl Friday to get our parking down before we arrive. Once we get it down, we'll head on down to the South end. I've got $10.00 for a valet parker. If there s a crowd, we'll just pull in and not unhook. Just have to back out to leave. See everyone tomorrow.

jassson007

We'll be arriving later Friday or maybe Saturday. We're headed to North Toledo Bend SP earl Friday to get our parking down before we arrive. Once we get it down, we'll head on down to the South end. I've got $10.00 for a valet parker. If there s a crowd, we'll just pull in and not unhook. Just have to back out to leave. See everyone tomorrow.

Actually there is a pull through that might be available when you get here. Just ask when you get to gate if you can switch to it.

jassson007

Here is one of our guest. He asked to be apart of everything.

aec96cc4fd8b1f6cb5ebe18250f71065.jpg

jassson007

Well if you weren't here you missed a great meal tonight. Just ask any of the other couples here. Even the "little guy" was in rare form. I did see him stalking people with his camera maybe he will post some more pics. I will post our group shot with our special guest for everyone to see.

bc46205794b555d8840d63322f8e0f72.jpg

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Wonderful first rally, Andy & Joanna! Thank you for everything. We had a great time visiting and eating with everyone.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

'Lil Guy'

Tried to post some pics with no luck. I'll try later. Great time and nice park. Congrats to Andy and Joanna on their 1st rally in the great state of Louisianna. You guys did a great job and it seemed like everyone had a great, personable time. I can't believe I had departure do-nuts delivered to me at the dump station. I had both hands into the job when he arrived. I handled every one of them looking for just the right one. So, if anyone ate any of the ......never mind. Anyway, great time, great people, great 1st rally. Debbie and I am looking forward to seeing all of you again. Our new "Lil Guy" handled and slept great on it's 1st trip. If it was only about 8' longer and 1' taller. Nice time. Later and have a great day. I see one of the pics was posted. Look at the facial expressions when they found out there was no do-nuts.

Attachments

• DSC_0393.jpg
    DSC_0393.jpg
    928.8 KB · Views: 26

'Lil Guy'

Trying to post more
pics.
The 1st pic is where the do-nut station was supposed to be. The last pic was taken right before the ranger stopped and told Andy to keep the fire inside the fire ring.

Attachments

• DSC_0396.jpg
    DSC_0396.jpg
    947.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0355.jpg
    DSC_0355.jpg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0390.jpg
    DSC_0390.jpg
    974.2 KB · Views: 40

jassson007

Wonderful first rally, Andy & Joanna! Thank you for everything. We had a great time visiting and eating with everyone.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Glad yall had fun Nancy. We had a good time hosting everyone. Now to wait till the spring. We realized when we got home we don't have any planned trips until this spring. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jassson007

Tried to post some pics with no luck. I'll try later. Great time and nice park. Congrats to Andy and Joanna on their 1st rally in the great state of Louisianna. You guys did a great job and it seemed like everyone had a great, personable time. I can't believe I had departure do-nuts delivered to me at the dump station. I had both hands into the job when he arrived. I handled every one of them looking for just the right one. So, if anyone ate any of the ......never mind. Anyway, great time, great people, great 1st rally. Debbie and I am looking forward to seeing all of you again. Our new "Lil Guy" handled and slept great on it's 1st trip. If it was only about 8' longer and 1' taller. Nice time. Later and have a great day. I see one of the pics was posted. Look at the facial expressions when they found out there was no do-nuts.

So glad that the little guy showed up even though he let us down on the arrival show. Lol. We enjoyed having you guys too. I tried to get Jo to hold you up at your site but at least I caught you at the dump station. I am not sure how many rallies will have breakfast delivered to you especially when you are handling the stinky slinky. Lol.

Btw if you don't watch it you will get recruited to be a full time rally photographer. Lol. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.