Something interesting in SWLA

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was out and about in the rain today working and decided to drive through a local RV park to see if we were missing out on anything from our current home base when I happened upon this...

3e9a6ytu.jpg

I had heard stories of them but had never seen one. Did not stop as it appeared no one was home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

WE saw one in a campground in Southwest Colorado. I guess the Big Horn was a TT before it was a 5vr.

jassson007

Hmm. Like I said I have heard the stories now I know they do exist. Lol

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Could just be the picture, but there looks like some serious fiberglass delamination on the front of that trailer .

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I believe those TT were built back during the post Hurricane Rita era. They were built by Heartland and sold as a Big Horn Travel Trailer. There are still a few around.

jassson007

Could just be the picture, but there looks like some serious fiberglass delamination on the front of that trailer .

Gus it had something going on that could have been delam. Not sure as I will melt in the rain that was falling. Lol.

jassson007

I believe those TT were built back during the post Hurricane Rita era. They were built by Heartland and sold as a Big Horn Travel Trailer. There are still a few around.

I worked for DHS/FEMA up until 2.5 years ago and covered all of Louisiana and se Texas for several years in the housing operation and never came across one. Now they could have been in miss or somewhere else though. Oh well just thought it was unique.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim B knows the history of them but if I remember correctly Heartland built them in lieu of building FEMA trailers. Heartland did not get involved in the FEMA trailer builds.

jassson007

Jim B knows the history of them but if I remember correctly Heartland built them in lieu of building FEMA trailers. Heartland did not get involved in the FEMA trailer builds.

Fleetwood was all over it though. Lol. As was forest river. I know in 2004 In s Florida I had a supervisor with what we called a "super card" with no limit and he had gone in to multiple dealerships and purchased entire stocks of bunkhouse model tt's.