After Urbana

olcoon

After the national rally in Urbana, we followed Mike & Joanna Burstein to Lake Fairfax campground to take advantage of their gracious offer to show us around DC. Had a couple of interesting events while there. The first day when we returned we saw a new Sundance parked a few campsites down from us. Well, being good club members, we went down to introduce ourselves. You won't believe this, but it was one one of the doobie brothers!!! Well, not the band Doobie Brothers, we knocked on the door & there was a mad scramble towards the bedroom, & a guy opened the door & just stuck his head out. We introduced ourselves then he came out & closed the door. We then got hit with the strong odor of marijuana smoke! We talked to him a while & left. It was pretty funny the look on his face, & the way he acted! He was as old or older than we are, wonder if he went to Woodstock? Then a few days later we were leaving & an SOB toy hauler came in dragging his garage door! Apparently he didn't even know it was down, as he stopped near a campsite, and we saw the back up lights come on. He must have seen it in his mirrors, as by the time we got up there he was going to the rear of the camper. From the looks of things, he apparently thought he had it locked, as the latches were closed & he was digging keys out of his pocket. Don't know if he lost anything or not, or how long he had been dragging it. After dealing with the doobie brother we were afraid to talk to him!!!

Kbvols

Maybe the Dobbie Bro's will join the club and come to a rally. ... would add another dimension to "Pot Luck" night...byob..bring your own bong?

Last edited:

DonnyB007

After the national rally in Urbana, we followed Mike & Joanna Burstein to Lake Fairfax campground to take advantage of their gracious offer to show us around DC. Had a couple of interesting events while there. The first day when we returned we saw a new Sundance parked a few campsites down from us. Well, being good club members, we went down to introduce ourselves. You won't believe this, but it was one one of the doobie brothers!!! Well, not the band Doobie Brothers, we knocked on the door & there was a mad scramble towards the bedroom, & a guy opened the door & just stuck his head out. We introduced ourselves then he came out & closed the door. We then got hit with the strong odor of marijuana smoke! We talked to him a while & left. It was pretty funny the look on his face, & the way he acted! He was as old or older than we are, wonder if he went to Woodstock? Then a few days later we were leaving & an SOB toy hauler came in dragging his garage door! Apparently he didn't even know it was down, as he stopped near a campsite, and we saw the back up lights come on. He must have seen it in his mirrors, as by the time we got up there he was going to the rear of the camper. From the looks of things, he apparently thought he had it locked, as the latches were closed & he was digging keys out of his pocket. Don't know if he lost anything or not, or how long he had been dragging it. After dealing with the doobie brother we were afraid to talk to him!!!

Now ow that was a funny story to brighten the evening. Boy what a shocker for the guy to see his door down! A few camps back, I forgot to put my antennae down but a fellow camper stopped me before I got out if the camping area and warned me about our trailer antennae still up.

We are camped right next to Woodstock, Ontario here - but this Woodstock is a pretty calm place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 26