Our 37 Ultimate!! Time for Mods...

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Installed our H.O.C. clock. 2 command strips and still holding.

vrzd3t.jpg

14vlox2.jpg

JWalker

Working on the number one mod on our list. I cannot understand why Heartland eliminate some of the cabinet doors on their kitchen cabinets. Just giant open voids. It is the first thing that we wanted to change. We were not able to use standard swing doors due to clearance issues with the light fixtures. We were also limited to the size doors available through Heartland. They discontinued the dark cherry wood in July.

28snbqt.jpg

We found a single door size that will fit the opening. The door now swings up to open. Not exactly what we had in mind, but so much better than the open space.

aytso5.jpg

35n7uc0.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks good! I'm sure cabinet doors are eliminated for cost and weight savings. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnpsz

Now I know what to do with that same open space on mine, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

JWalker

Well the trailer is finally out of its winter hibernation. Had a chance to work on a few things.

Added a new Emerson Ice Maker to the outside kitchen. Fit perfect under cabinet. Target had them on sale for $50 off.

6z7xvn.jpg

Also added a TP holder that met the wife's approval.

zxjptj.jpg

JWalker

Finally made a decision on the backslash for the kitchen. Went with Smart Tiles from Lowes. Light weight, flexible and no grout.

Before
37h5k.jpg

After
33tgwhh.jpg

JWalker

One thing that always bothered me on my last 2 rigs was the exposed switches and monitors. It just took away from the look. Well today, I looked at them for the last time. I had an extra cabinet door from the kitchen sitting in the corner and I had the drawer facia from the bunkroom we took out when we added the couch. A little time and planning and problem fixed. Just need to add a knob.

Extra Cabinet and drawer facia
Used the extra frame material. It was already stained the same as the cabinet door.

j7exrm.jpg

2le45s3.jpg

Framed in Switch cluster

qofu3k.jpg

Couldn't use the existing hidden hinges so we had to use a standard hinge. Doesn't look to bad

10qi4vb.jpg

n3nqz9.jpg

TravelTiger

Awesome, Jaime! Looks like it came from the factory.

porthole

Retired
Nice Jamie.

That has been on my plate for a couple of years now, and I also have a door ready.
Still makes me wonder why a 130K Newport has the same exposed switches.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

I don't know why they went away from the smoked glass door. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430755172.287658.jpg

I like being able to see the switches (and lighted ones) at a glance, yet they are hidden.

I would like to upgrade mine as well, did you get sofa from heartland?? how would I go about this matter. is that a sofa bed ?? thanks