possible shatterd patio door on TQ325

kthwds

It may have been an oversight, but I picked up my my new torque the other day and while loading all my things in it, my 13 year old girl said "hey do you think the pantry door might break this glass patio door" first of all she learned stuff like that tge hard way. Secondly I looked into putting a stop on the slider floor to prevent the tragedy but the pantry door is off the floor plate about 1-1/2 inches. Some fabrication will be needed. Has anyone else had an issue and fixed it. Any ideas are appreciated. Dear heartland if you see this post please look into this oversight.

priorguy

yqypezyh.jpg

How about something like this. There are other options for different types of hinges also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
I noticed on some of the trailers at Urbanna that Heartland has installed cables on some of the doors to limit how far they open.

priorguy

yhehunuv.jpg

This looks pretty simple. Try googling "cabinet hinge stop"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kthwds

This is a door just like a bathroom entry door, the hinges are that style .. I will look into those cables , or possibly build up a wooden block and a floor door stop..

porthole

Retired
yhehunuv.jpg

This looks pretty simple. Try googling "cabinet hinge stop"

Euro-style hinges.

The picture above is a "Euro" - European" style cabinet hinge. Also known as "Blum" hinges (manufacturer).

Here is a source. http://www.rockler.com/hinges/

These hinges may work for you especially if your cabinet already this "pocket hinge" They are available in a variety of opening angles from less then 90 to greater the 180 degrees.
But, if you don't already have the "pocket", special tools and some skill is needed.

Short cable stops would be my first choice.

I'm surprised with the hundreds of door and cabinet lid stops that cable stops are not readily found.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...sb&biw=1310&bih=993&ei=DRK0U6mjC42QqAbAjYHQBw

Cable stops could easily be made from some wire and electrical "eye" connectors crimped on the ends. Or, if your are near a West Marine, you could get fancy and use some stainless wire, ferrules and stuff.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You may find a manufactures symbol on it. A "G" would indicate it is a Grass hinge. There is variation between the brands on the size of the cup and the screw placement. There are different hinges for different door styles and opening angles.