To rail or not to rail? 4100 King

pharmafrog

That is my question. I hear the rails on the back are a bit of a pain in the butt, we do have dogs and it would give them a bit more space if we had them. Wanted to test the waters and see what people thought of them and if they are worth it.

Also the 3 season door for the garage, heard that they rip easy, and another item that we have been steered from. How are they holding up for current owners.

Thanks for the info. Pulling the trigger ASAP.

pcardoza

If the dogs will dig at the mesh railing, OR the 3 season door screens, they will be easily destroyed. Neither is very robust and it does not appear that the railing mesh is easily replaced. It's fastened in with some sort of rivets.

If the dogs are not prone to digging and scratching at doors and such, the rails and 3 season doors are a terrific option. We love having them both.

remoandiris

My 2 dogs (Boxers) do not dig at the rails/mesh/3-season doors. The rails are about 4 inches off the floor. That is not really conducive to constant scratching/digging. We hung a curtain (used heavy coated wire/cord, like a dog tie-out cord) to hold the curtain immediately in front of the doors inside the garage. Part of that is to keep the dogs from seeing out when we are not home, part is to keep sunlight/heat out of the garage.

The clear plastic door panels have a little give, but not much. If your dogs are prone to digging/destroying, the mesh pulldown (vice 3-season doors) will likely not do much good either.

DocFather

I had the Dealer remove the patio rails and hardware when I took delivery. I tried to get the $3k+ credit but no luck. It was more trouble than it was worth to me. I told them to give them to a homeless RVer!

oscar

Love the rails and the three season doors. Takes a little getting used to, but once you do they are fine, and quite useful. Yes, a destructive pet would annihilate them in shirt order.

Jasonrs1319

We have both options and love them both. We also have a golden retriever and the patio is her favorite place. I would not order with out either option. Setup is an easy five minute operation and the three season doors are like having a screen door at home no more durable and no less.

scottyb

We love the railing and the dogs love the patio and don't bother the mesh. They have the run of it during the day while we are working at the races. I would trade my 3 season doors for a roll-up screen in case I am ever somewhere there are bugs. They are not exactly bug proof.

Attachments

• IMG_2175.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 20