New Gateway 3500RE Owner - L shaped kitchen island question

paleclaire

Hi There! My First Post!!
Recently picked up our Gateway 3500re. Very happy so far.
How much movement should the L shaped kitchen island have?
it seems to lean toward the slide and the sink dosen't drain fully.
If I lean against it, it will move an inch or two and level itself.
Is this normal?
Also living in coastal south carolina I am considering a goldline cover to
protect it from the sun. Anyone have any first hand experience with one?
No snow to worry about, just beating sun. :)
Appreciate any help/advice you might have for me.
Thanks!
Phil

jimtoo

Hi paleclaire, Phil,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I can't help you with the question about the island, but I'm sure some of our other members with a Gateway will jump in soon. As far as a cover, you hear good and bad. If the cover is just the least bit loose or not fitting good and wind blows much, you will get rubbed spots on the corners of the roof which are not good at all. Plus any place it can rub when the wind blows can cause a blemish. I'm sure you will get some more opinions soon.

Enjoy the forum and your new Gateway.

Jim M

Gateway

Hi, My wife and I just got our 3500 RE and we have the same issue with the L-island. We used a wood block on each side. Just have to remember to move them before bringing in the slide.
James & Jennifer G.

1_oldgoat

Congrats on your new Gateway, we have the same model, bought a 2014 last november and love it. We have had no problems with the kitchen island moving, so may be something to have your dealer look at.
As other have mentioned, welcome to the community, there are alot of good people on here with plenty of experience and helpful suggestions.
Enjoy your new fw and safe travels
Marcus

brlr2000

We have the 3500RE, and the L shaped island is quite sturdy. If it tends to move from level...to not level...it seems that it May not be secured to the main floor as well as it should be

paleclaire

Hi, My wife and I just got our 3500 RE and we have the same issue with the L-island. We used a wood block on each side. Just have to remember to move them before bringing in the slide.
James & Jennifer G.

Hey Jim, update...had the dealer tighten and level it, seems it was not attached properly at the factory. Solid and the sink drains all the way now. Good luck!
phil