Rear Ramp Patio addition

DiverB

I found a 2014 4100 at a dealer with the options and color I want; however, it doesn't have the rear ramp patio. The ramp patio is a must for me, I love that feature for tailgating. I asked the salesman if it can be added and he honestly said he didn't know. Can it be added? I'm thinking it would likely be a pain to add and that I should just keep looking until I find just what I want

ILH

There are threads on this from last summer. If it were me, I'd stay away from after-factory mods on the patio. Too many issues with reinforced points and stronger door.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You could just order a new one with all the options you want.

Peace
Dave

DiverB

True I could just order one, but then I would most likely be paying almost MSRP. I'm looking at finding a left over 2014 in order to save a little money. I'll just keep looking until I find one in the color and options I desire

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
If I recall my conversations with AJ when I was discussing how to go about doing exactly what you are asking. Other than the fact that it could not be done for my rig since it is a 2010 3010 with the shorter door... but he did indicate that the Rigs that have this option have a different ramp door - beefer to handle the point load of chairs and weight of the people that could fit on the patio/ramp. Then there is the railings and the patio door - so while possible, not financially reasonable to do.

as other indicated do not go for the after market solutions, for something that is a must have for your next rig. Get the factory patio ramp if that is a configuration that you really want.

Kevin

scottyb

Looks like ExploreUSA has 2 2014's, one in Denton, TX and one in Canton, TX. Both appear to have the patio option. I bought mine from them 2 years ago in July from stock, and let's just say they were very eager to strike a deal.

Last edited:

pcardoza

You shouldn't have to pay anywhere near MSRP for ANY RV. Negotiate.

True I could just order one, but then I would most likely be paying almost MSRP. I'm looking at finding a left over 2014 in order to save a little money. I'll just keep looking until I find one in the color and options I desire

priorguy

You shouldn't have to pay anywhere near MSRP for ANY RV. Negotiate.

It totally depends on the dealer. Some aren't willing to factory order if they have something on the lot they can talk you into. That being said, if a dealer will factory order you should get a decent deal because it's a guaranteed sale with no carrying costs. Plus a potential downpayment. Win win for both parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalspot

When we first started looking for our rig, I called one of the discount places - and they are a lot closer to you than to us - got a price, went to my local dealer and told them if they would match it, they would have a sale. Not only did they match it, but in the end beat the discount price! And we custom ordered ours as we wanted dual pane windows - something you seldom find leftover on the lot.

taken

There are LOTS of dealers who will order a unit at 25-30% off. We ordered our last two trailers and got 27-28% off from our local dealers after negotiating and showing them what the big dealers in OH and IN were willing to do. (30+% on an ordered rig.) It's not fun for everyone to play the game, but whether you like the back and fourth or not, it's worth it to order and get exactly what you want...