Gateway 3650BH Mystery Switch

Kosanko

Hello All,

We just took delivery on the 3650BH and during our PDI I asked the tech what the switch was for. It is located on the main panel where you enter the RV above the (Slide in/out switch) and below the (exterior LED switch) this mystery switch has no label just a red LED indicator that light when in the ON position. I have tried to figure what it is for but have not noticed any difference when it is ON or OFF. If someone has the answer I would love to know what it does.

thanks in advance

Mark

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you have found the switch for the AC side of the water heater.
You must have the water heater full of water before turning on that switch.
Turning it on while the water heater is empty puts the heating element at risk for burning out.
So, when you fill with water and the AC side of the water heater does not work I would suggest that you have a burned out the element.

Peace
Dave

Kosanko

Dave,

Thanks, but I do have hot water so it could just be that it is AZ in July and there is no cold water here. So not really sure if the heating element is needed or not this time of year.

Mark

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What does the switch look like?? Does it look like a 120V house light switch with a red knob?? If so its the 120V W/H switch. I though the tank heaters were 12V....but maybe I'm wrong. Aren't tank heaters an option??

GWRam

Mark,
From your description the switch is for turning on/off your fresh/grey/black tank heaters, all tanks one switch. The tank heaters are standard on the 3650bh. Make sure you have water in each tank before leaving the switch on for any length of time when the outside temp is cold or you can damage the heating pad elements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD