Big Horn vs. Big Country

3rpete

Potential Heartland Buyer. Can someone tell me the difference between
the Big Horn line vs the Big Country line? I compared the specifications
in each factory brochure and about 95% of the standard features are the
same. I believe the Big Horn is of higher quality, but nothing on the HL
web site indicates this. I'm also assuming that the Sundance is of lower
quality than the BH and BC due to price/weight differences.

Thanks in advance for clueing me in before I take the plunge.

Pete :)

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
I have only been inside one Big Country and the biggest difference to me was it felt a lot more "utilitarian". We travel around the country fulltime in our BigHorn and wanted more of a luxurious and homey feel to it compared to someone that uses it for perhaps shorter trips?

Good luck with your decision, from what I know now of Heartland you can't go wrong.

3rpete

BH vs BC

Thanks for your input...interesting that you are handling
a 36 with a 3/4 ton. I thought the most I could go
with my Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 D would be a 33 or 34' Heartland
Take care.
Pete

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
3rpete, each of us has to do the math and check the specs on our truck and make our own decision based on our findings. The maximum towing weight on the same truck varies from year to year but I think you are probably right for the most part.
If you are weighed I believe they are probably more interested in your axle weight so long as you don't exceed the state determined gross weight for the number of axles you have and the distance from the rear axle to the steering axle. This may vary from state to state. Having said that you can be under all axle weights and still exceed your gross combined vehicle weight. The problem as I see it is if you were involved in an accident with serious injury or death and a good lawyer gets the weight figures and determines you were over any of the stated weights I would not want to be in this persons shoes.

Don

GaryB

Check out the link below. It gives alot of info on the differences between Big Horn (BH) and Big Country (BC). Many of the differences are interior ammenities. From an exterior/structural standpoint, Coley Brady from Heartland told me the main differences are:
1) BH has aluminum roof rafters, BC has wood
2) BH has the fancy rear cap, BC does not
3) BH has hydraulic selector switches where you can independently control slideout operation, BC does not

Also BH has a high gloss gelcoat exterior option, whereas it is not available with BC.

Inside, BH comes standard with solid countertops (in the forced option package), LCD TV and convection microwave. The first two are optional in the BC, and the third (convection microwave) is not a factory option (although your dealer could possibly add it). Also, the trimwork around fascias is more fancy in the BH. Also, interior color schemes are different. There are some other interior differences as noted in the link provided below.

Also, BH has more available options, although the factory would probably allow you to order some of those on the BC anyway (even though not officially listed as options on the BC brochure, such as ultra leather recliners).

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=4236

Hope this helps
Gary

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
3rpete, I would encourage you to go to the Heartland site, if you have not been there already, www.heartlandrvs.com, and click on the walk around tours. Coley does a good job of pointing out the features of both and you may be able to see the differences and similarities. I know the Sundance has a rear bumper rather than the rear cap. You are able to download the product brochures from the Hearland site and the owners' forum. Good luck.