Bathroom Vanity Mirror (Medicine Cabinet)

duane224

We love our trailer but we wondering; we have the 3175RE Wilderness and the vanity mirror (medicine cabinet) sticks to far out over the sink. Is there anyway we could get a wider/less thick vanity mirror (Medicine Cabinet)? We have to put our head under it in order for us to brush our teeth. This cause us to get water everywhere since there isn't enough room for grooming.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If the cabinet is mounted to the outside wall....probably not. You could remove it completely and just hang a mirror instead. Maybe you could find a cabinet that is shorter and wider and install that if you have the room sideways. Do you have a wall that is next to the sink?? You could move the cabinet there and install a mirror over the sink. The thing that is an issue is...the outside wall is only 3" thick and even an inside wall is probably the same. You will have to find studs because the walls/plywood would not hold the weight.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You could get a cabinet shop to make one to your specifications and mount it. If you have moderate woodworking skills, you could DIY. Depending on the stud layout, you could use French cleats to span between them for the mount. BTW, the Zircon TriScanner Pro does a good job of finding the metal studs in the walls, as well as the wood ones and AC lines.

MTPockets

We had a head banger cabinet over our sink, so I removed it and mounted the mirrored door against the wall. I then built a cabinet and mounted it on the wall away from the sink... Worked out great for us.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would think (JMHO) a cabinet 2" deep would be almost worthless. I would just put a mirror over the sink and mount a nice cabinet with a mirror on another wall. Your DW would love you for it. Then she could see front, side and back of her hair. Just saying.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
IF you're going for a shallower cabinet, take the largest diameter container you might put in it as your guide. If you can't set a large can of shaving cream in it, you're wasting the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk