Water leak Mystery

danemayer

The problem has been resolved. Heartland wanted to find an excuse to not honor the warranty.

From details of your story, the heart of the problem is that the dealer tech was unable to find a problem.

When authorizing warranty repairs, all companies expect the service tech to diagnose the problem and propose an appropriate repair action. If no problem is found, no company is going to authorize repair work. And in most cases, the tech won't even try to get approval since he doesn't have a proposed repair action.

I've had several situations where the tech couldn't find anything, and didn't do anything, even though I knew there was a serious problem. Those times I've had to have direct discussion with the tech, rather than the service writer, providing additional details to help him figure things out. It was never a case of Heartland or other companies not wanting to authorize repairs. It was always about finding the problem. Once the problem was found, there was never a problem with warranty.

In your case, taking a video allowed things to move forward by demonstrating exactly what was failing and where the failure was occurring.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Water leaks are one of the hardest things to find. A person could spend many hours trying to duplicate the leak. Some will do it the correct way...some will not do it. Do you think any warranty company will give a blank check to any repair shop. Not likely. I chased water leaks for 45 years as a auto tech I was paid to diagnose and repair the problem and no blank checks for repair. It was time and material. If you have never had to find one well...enough said.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had a minor leak in the basement of our Prowler . . . I finally located it at the water inlet of the toilet and it was running down the sides of the pipe and dripping down there.

Finger tightened the fitting on the back of the toilet . . . and no more drip!