Will my '97 F250 PSD pull a Toyhauler?

Hello All!, Got a few questions, hope someone will steer me in the right direction.My issue is this, have rarely used 97 F-250psd,long bed,4x4,Supercab.The placard in the door jam say's GVWR-8800,Fr GAWR-4600,R-6084. The Title say's GVWR-10,000 with an empty weight of 5701. I have noticed that 5er's are towing quite a bit more than what trucks they are using. I'm going to buy a toy hauler, either a Razor 3212-3110DS or Cyclone 3912.Have got 4" exhaust,Superchips and AFE intake already installed. Will this truck work? Will buy bigger truck in one to two years, but can't buy it all at same time...................Boatracer95:confused:

crazybanshee

IMO those are all to heavy for a 3/4 ton truck. Your safety, family safety, and the people driving around you need to be considered. Wouldn't want to tow them with my 1 ton Super Duty. Good luck. Doug

Hey nice setup there crazybanshee! Where do I start looking for a larger truck? You have a cyclone I see, Gee I kind of hoped to cut back in a few years! Isn't a semi a little overkill? I thought Cigerette boats were expensive!

theharveys

Actually a good used heavy duty (tractor) truck is less expensive to buy than most new one-ton trucks...and you can sometimes even get drivetrain warrenties which may span several hundred thousand miles.
When we were at the dealer ordering our new Landmark, another customer bought a Landmark (2008) off the lot. He planned to tow it with a '95 3/4 ton ford (PSD). The dealer would not let him leave with his new trailer until he signed a waiver releasing the dealer from liability.
A couple years ago (after several months of looking) we bought a used Ford F550. I have been very happy with its ability to haul our last (SOB) fifth wheel, and I am glad to have it for hauling the new Landmark.

Thank you "The Harveys" for the info! I'm a little discouraged at this point. I was was under the impression that the Razor 3110DS was able to be towed by a 3/4 ton truck. Then I found out about this site to help me plan my purchase. And I'll tell you it's been very helpful, so if I have to go bigger truckwise I might as well go for a bigger 5er,I'm trying to go full time and the Razor might be a little small for what I want to do.Just didn't plan on spending 125,000! I got out of boat racing because of the cost and no return. Looks like cutting back on work is out of the question!......................Boatracer95....................

jpmorgan37

Boatracer25;

If you really want to do it, you might consider Workamping. There is just about anything that you can imagine out here to do, from volunteering to full time work. If you want more information, you can PM me with specific questions and I'll try to answer them for you.

John

Thanks theharveys! What a sweet ride! Looks like I'm going to be working overtime! Also Thanks John!..........................Robbie.................

crazybanshee

Boatracer I have less than 30K into our truck. A lot less than my Super Duty F350. The pin weight on our Cyclone is approx. 4300lbs. Way to much for a 1ton. Our truck has bunk beds, fridge, micro, inmotion satelite, and a playstation. Makes traveling easy and extra sleeping for quests. Try escapees.com HDT forum. Lots of info and freindly people. Doug

Thanks for the info crazybanshee! I'm interested in your wheelbase on your "HDT" What about insurance cost? Do you have to have a CDL? Perhaps I may not be going broke after all! My neighbors will come un-glued! Something about that neighborhood association rules!, Heck that's why I want to go full-time anyway! Had enough of the "system"