What type of roofing material?

duane224

When I bought my Wilderness this past spring I asked the dealer what type of roof is on my TT and they didn't know. If someone knows please chime in. I have a 2014 Wilderness 3175RE with the tan roof. I want to make sure before I get up there and try to seal my seams.

brianharrison

I am assuming it is a rubber roof and you are trying to determine if it is EPDM or TPO.

Here is an article from Dicor which may help.

In general - remove the inside trim cover from a roof vent - look at the excess roof membrane material. If the membrane has a black backing it is EPDM, so you should use Dicor Lap Sealant for sealing the roofing. If it is a solid color all the way through the membrane, or if it has a fleece backing, it is TPO. If your TPO has a fleece backing then Lap Sealant will probably be the right choice. But if your TPO does not have a fleece backing then Dicor Ultra Sealant System should be used.

Hope this helps.

Jim.Allison

This is going to be my technique for sealing or resealing vents and fans and other penetrations, I don't think it matters which roofing material you have, this stuff works. I used it to repair a gash caused by tree branch. And I used it to secure my solar panel wires. You can get it in square patches, and 2", 3", 4", 6" and 12 in wide roll material. I can't see the point in squeezing out putty from a tube only to have to go back next year to do it again. Plus that a 6 in wide roll in the supply cabinet could come in handy on the road for a quick and easy repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwxEX3SBK4&index=1&list=PLVhs0CiwBIzClfXiKUoZAqiUethvAdUTG

When I bought my Wilderness this past spring I asked the dealer what type of roof is on my TT and they didn't know. If someone knows please chime in. I have a 2014 Wilderness 3175RE with the tan roof. I want to make sure before I get up there and try to seal my seams.