Thread: 110 outlets - Need more outlets!

1. Print this Post   #1

110 outlets - Need more outlets!

On my Torque 291, I have two 110 outlets in the garage under the shelf (one is next to the TV prep, the other is in the same location on the street side) Both of these are in the garage side of the sliding door. The couch is located in the roadside slide out. There are 0, Zero, Nada outlets of any kind on the roadside which means, if you are sitting on the couch you need to plug in on the curb side in the galley. There is a small section of wall between the slide out trim and the patio door that seemsplenty big enough to place one.Another goodlocation would be in between the front of the couch (as in the front of thecoach) and the stairs on the street side wall (about 2 feet of space). Too late for me but maybe the next buyer will benefit.
    2014 Torque 291
    3 Dirt Bikes, 1 quad, 4 seat SXS, and Goldwing (now, if it would all just fit in my 10' garage)

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: 110 outlets - Need more outlets!

Hi Sans1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for your recommendation, which is good. I'm sure some of our other members are probably wanting to do the same thing. So if you do add an outlet, be sure you take a picture or two and show us how you did it.

Again, welcome aboard and think of making a rally when you can where you will meet lots of great folks.

Jim M
    Jim and Bette
    04 GMC CC Dually D/A, MaxBrake, Riderights
    09 Bighorn 3670RL #9E011439
    HOC #1003
    Heartland Owners Club Information
    Branson 08 site #123
    Goshen 09 Rally site #425
    Nashville 10, site #P4
    Goshen 11 Rally site #425
    Gillette 12 Rally site #48E

3. Print this Post   #3

We have the Torque 325, hate that there is only one plug in the garage (second one in the garage half bath) If our grown kids camp with us there is no way to plug in their phones. Would love ideas on how to add more. We are also planning to add an outside garage side door light, can't understand why they would have over looked a light there? But we still love our toy hauler.

4. Print this Post   #4

Just spend a full week finally in my new TQ 325. Love it, but sure have found a lot of (or lack of) things that not really happy about. This being one of them. I can believe the lack of 110 outlet thru out the whole coach but the garage is really bad. You have to drape an extension cord for power. Some poor designing. I hope the take these posts into consideration on future models.

- - - Updated - - -

Just spend a full week finally in my new TQ 325. Love it, but sure have found a lot of (or lack of) things that not really happy about. This being one of them. I can believe the lack of 110 outlet thru out the whole coach but the garage is really bad. You have to drape an extension cord for power. Some poor designing. I hope the take these posts into consideration on future models.

5. Print this Post   #5

[QUOTE=KelliCrum;444465]Just spend a full week finally in my new TQ 325. Love it, but sure have found a lot of (or lack of) things that not really happy about. This being one of them. I can believe the lack of 110 outlet thru out the whole coach but the garage is really bad. You have to drape an extension cord for power. Some poor designing. I hope the take these posts into consideration on future models.

- - - Updated - - -

Move forward to Aug 9th 2017 and I also wish they would put just one 110v outlet on the wall in the Heartland Torque 325. We look like the Clampetts using painters tape to hold the extension cord to the
    wall for the sleep/breathing machine.
    Last edited by elligw; 08-17-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    Gary
    Jacksonville, Fl
    2012 Ford F250
    2017 Torque 325SS

6. Print this Post   #6

I hate that there are no outlets on the outside.(T32) I like to plug in work lights for night time corn hole games. I have to run an extension inside.

7. Print this Post   #7

Quote Originally Posted by 660griz View Post
    I hate that there are no outlets on the outside.(T32) I like to plug in work lights for night time corn hole games. I have to run an extension inside.
    Could not agree. Ore and this may be one reason we look for a different toyhauler

8. Print this Post   #8
    New Jersey Chapter Leaders porthole's Avatar

You can thank the lack of outlets to 3 things:
    Type of construction (laminated walls)
    Cost
    Management - listen - our concerns.

Bought our trailer in July 2009, and the lack of outlets and placement was discussed with the Cyclone plant manager and product line manager.

Haven't seen much change.

Im using a phone currently, so you'll have to search, but if you go to my "mods" link below I have added multiple outlets, including 3 duplex boxes in the garage.
    New Jersey 2017 Chapter Rally

Duane & Debbie with Regis & Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Cagney, Misty, my Molly & Gungy
    2011 F-350 DRW

New Jersey's 1st (in several years) Annual Rally

Rallies & campouts:
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 4

Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure

9. Print this Post   #9

I added 3 outlets to my T32, two in the kitchen, one on each side of the stove. One in the garage. I thought it was odd that the garage only had one other up high for the TV. No way to plug in something like a battery tender. Fixed that issue!! The kitchen had cords running over the edge of the counter, momma didn't like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Puzzled_1; 02-24-2017 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Gooofy how this forum adds a second reply to the original reply. I don't like that. I'm addressing two different people

10. Print this Post   #10
    New Jersey Chapter Leaders porthole's Avatar

Mike, I worked yesterday and answered your PM a few minutes ago.
    New Jersey 2017 Chapter Rally

Duane & Debbie with Regis & Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Cagney, Misty, my Molly & Gungy
    2011 F-350 DRW

New Jersey's 1st (in several years) Annual Rally

Rallies & campouts:
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 4

Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure