Towing bikes on Elkridge 34QRSL

new to the forum and taking delivery of our new Elkridge 5th wheel. Looking for some pics of others who tow their bicycles with them. i have seen bike racks on the ladder in the back but hubby says he wants to put on the bumper. Any suggestions? 2 adult bikes.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
new to the forum and taking delivery of our new Elkridge 5th wheel. Looking for some pics of others who tow their bicycles with them. i have seen bike racks on the ladder in the back but hubby says he wants to put on the bumper. Any suggestions? 2 adult bikes.

On our ElkRidge, We use this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003YJK252/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1405948187&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

y4e6e4u5.jpg

However, we don't haul them every trip. Really, in 4 years, only used carrier on 3-4 trips.

Note that attaching something to the bumper may void your frame warranty, you will need to verify before adding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We have a bumper mounted bracket (bolted) that our bike rack is attached to. After numerous trips over 5 seasons we have never had an issue.

Sunset4k

Welcome to the forum Tuck2family, from another Elkridge 34QSLR owner!!!! I'm sure you will enjoy many wonder adventures I your new rig!! If you are ever in Texas give us a shout!!!!

I am so excited to find a site like this! Can you tell me if there are things you wish it had? Any problems? Any modifications? We should have ours end of this week or early next week. I'm not sure about the bike rack on the front of the truck, and someone said it may void the warranty if on the bumper. I did see a rack mounted on the ladder. Anyone our there using that type of rack?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am so excited to find a site like this! Can you tell me if there are things you wish it had? Any problems? Any modifications? We should have ours end of this week or early next week. I'm not sure about the bike rack on the front of the truck, and someone said it may void the warranty if on the bumper. I did see a rack mounted on the ladder. Anyone our there using that type of rack?

If you read many of the posts here about tires, they are not pleasant. You may want to strongly consider asking for Goodyear G614s or Saliun G rated tires. E-rated TowMax do not have a good track record, failing for many within a few thousand miles.

As far as the rig itself, we have upgraded a variety of things to make ours "ours". For example, the water pump was switched to a quieter one. We switched to LED bulbs. We swapped out the antenna. Etc etc. Not because something failed, but just because we wanted something better.

I think as you use it, you'll fid what you love, like, and dislike.

Be sure to do a thorough PDI (see a checklist on this forum) and make the dealer fix it before you take delivery and give them money. They are a lot more motivated to make you happy before the sale then after.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk