new Valor display unit

aRAYwego

Need to find out how much a new display would cost. I made the mistake of leaving the display unit on thw dash for a day. The temp was about 110° and it melted the face of the display. I didnt think anything about leaving it up there cause it has never affected my radar detectors. Pretty sure the unit still works just make me mad every time I look at it. Lol

Valor-Don

I have never heard of our display melting down like that. I will send you a new display and a return shipping label for you to return the melted one. All you will have to do is to move the chips in the back of the melted display to the same locations on the new display. Once you plug the power cord and antenna wire to the display, turn it on and you will be ready to go.

Don

aRAYwego

I just got off the phone with Don at Valor. Would just like to say what a pleasure it is to deal with a company that cares about their customers "after the sale". You now have a customer for life and will strongly recommend your products to future buyers. Way to go Don, Valor and Heartland for teaming up and giving customers a great product and service!!!!

aRAYwego

Received new Valor display. Installed in truck but not receiving any information from sensors. I either get all 000 or ---. Tried turning on/off a few times but to no new results. Anything else we should be doing? Need to get up and running, we are on a long trip. Thanks

Valor-Don

This is new territory for me but based on what you said of the "---" showing on the new display, I can only believe that the chips in the back that read the sensor values also got melted in the heat. I will send out a Smart Tool loaner and 4 new chips for you to program. When you receive the tool, please call me so I can walk you through the reprogramming of the new chips. Also included will be a return shipping label so you can return the Smart Tool.
- Don

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Met Don in Urbanna and had a great discussion with him. He has a great position on making the customer happy and will go out of his way to do so. So I confirm the accolades for him and his company.

aRAYwego

Hey Don I will give you a call Saturday morning. I received the programmer you sent but never had good signal when I was actually at the trailer. Then have been working 12 hour days since returning home. Gotta pay for these vacations somehow. Lol