Looking for Info on an Electric Fireplace..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We just purchased a Bighorn 3400RE and are going to have an electric fireplace installed..

I am at a rally and was talking to some other RVers and one told me some sad stories about the installation of their fireplace..

It got so hot it scorched the top of the wood in the cabinet and damaged some of the entertainment. Some have said they did not remove the carpet in the area the fireplace was installed..

Have any of you had a fireplace installed. Have you had any problems. Has yours worked well and how often do you use it..

Will it light up without heating to give you some ambiance.

Thanks for any response..
Also I am just looking for information good and bad, not flame any dealer..

Thanks
BC

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Ours was installed at the factory...so far it works just great, and we've been living in our unit for 7 months.

It gets warm, however, it never gets so hot we can't touch it or the cabinet around it. Ours has a wooden platform under it so it is not sitting directly on the carpet.

We have been using our virtually every day for the last several months, especially in the morning to take the chill off. It can get pretty cold in north Texas in the winter. And, yes, you can run just the lights without the heat. The heat is also thermostatic. You can set it down so it goes on and off and doesn't get too hot that way. Hope this info is helpful.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
it was great for me as i am picking up my bh 2300RE next wednesday and i need all the info i can get. i dont know how the fireplace or the TV will be set up.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Fireplace Electrical connection..

I was wondering how the fireplace was connected. Was it connected like an appliance to the existing electric circuit or did they run a seperate branch to the converter breaker panel with its own breaker?

If it was installed and connected to an existing circuit it could limit the use of additional appliances on that circuit.

BC

Tom of Ypsi

We have the fireplace factory installed and have had no heat problems with the floor or the cabinet. We have had no problems running other appliances and believe me Judy runs them all at once.

jbeletti

Bob,

Some of Heartland's early installs of the fireplace had some issues. Since then, Heartland has that process dialed in and I have not heard of over-heating issues in at least a year. You should be fine.

Jim

sdgirl

fireplace information?

txbobcat, are you having that installed by the factory? Or after market? If it's after market, I'd love to hear how your experience is. We bought our BC, 3300RL in January with no fireplace. I'd like to have one, but it was not a must have for me. was thinking we could have one installed later, if we really wanted one and was wondering how that would work. Thanks in advance and good luck with yours.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Fireplace is being installed by the dealer..

Thanks for the information.. We are having our dealer install the fireplace on the 20th.. I don't know how they install one but I will specify that they add a breaker. It is getting warmer here so if I get a cold night I will give it a hard test..

Will come back here and give you a report..

To our moderators... is it proper to state the dealer doing the work??
So far I have no problem with the dealer where we bought the 3400RE.

Thanks
BC

jbeletti

Hi Bob,

Yes, okay to discuss your dealer by name. We also have an RV Service forum closer to the top that you can put your service reviews in if you'd like. People would like to hear how it has went for others. When giving a negative review, we'd prefer it so be fact based and inclusive of an opinion but "colorful adjective-free".

Thanks,

Jim