Health care and mail

MLP

Suggestions or recommendations about healthcare? Any good plans?
How do we keep up with mail?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you're old enough for Medicare, it will follow you nationwide. If you're also a retired service member on Medicare, Tricare for Life can be the supplement. It's what I have. As such, I only have Medicare Part A and B. TCL covers the meds and is the secondary payer after Medicare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

We have insurance thru my former employer until 65, then Medicare.

Escapees handles our mail forwarding since going full time. Before that, we USPS Premium Forwarding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the info, we are not old enough for Medicare yet and didn't if anyone was having good luck with any particular companies. And the mail deal I wasn't sure about at all, like driver license in Texas requires a physical address.

danemayer

We stopped at the Escapees HQ in Livingston to join and set up mail forwarding. Then went directly to the Motor Vehicle office in Livingston to change our drivers licenses. No issues. Also changed voter registration at the same time. Went to USPS.GOV to put in a change of address mail forwarding order to send everything to the Livingston address.

wdk450

I use the local UPS Store in Sacramento's mailbox as my permanent address. I did this specifically for my Dish Network to keep the Bay Area sports networks active wherever I go (Go A's!), and to show a home address Kaiser Healthcare Northern California accepts. I call or E-Mail FAX the UPS store about bi-weekly and have them forward my mail to General Delivery at whatever Post Office I am near. The mail usually gets there in 2 days, for about $6. The mailbox costs about $75 a year as I recall. I keep a credit card on file with them for mailing charges.

Kaiser has taken care of immediate healthcare needs in Oregon and Southern California, which are associated groups with my Kaiser Northern California plan. CalPers pays for my Kaiser as my wife's survivor, and I move to a plan pretty much different in name only next year when I turn 65, and combine the CalPers payment with Medicare. My drug refills are ordered over the phone, delivered to my UPS Store address, and forwarded on to me. I have used the USPS general delivery addresses for Amazon orders, too.