Thread: I'm thinking Silverado 38QBS

1. Print this Post   #1

I'm thinking Silverado 38QBS

I think I've looked online at every bunkhouse at every dealer within 3 hours of me who knows how many times. The Silverado 38QBS seems to have everything I want except the 6 point leveling. So what is the deal with the Silverado and the Elkridge models..... I like the price but compared to other bunkhouse manufactures the prices seem really cheap. Forest River has the Sandpiper model in the same price range that I walked thru and I was not impressed at all. So, Silverado owners help me out..... about a 3 hour drive to walk thru one unless this other closer dealer gets one in.

What's the Heartland order of quality and where does the Silverado fit in. If I go new this could be the one and if not I may have to look at 2013 to 2014 models. Thanks, Jeff

2. Print this Post   #2
    Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders TravelTiger's Avatar

Re: I'm thinking Silverado 38QBS

Silverado and ElkRidge are probably similar, at one time Silverado was originally called "Silverado by Bighorn", and was positioned to be "Bighorn-like". However, they are now positioned as their own brand and I think do not have the same amenities as Bighorn.

Silverado and ElkRidge are the step below the luxury line of Landmark, Bighirn, Big Country). They are probably similar to a the Montana.

ElkRidge and Silverado are not built for full-time living, probably targeted to the recreational user. This means not as much insulation, not as heavy a frame or construction, not as many bells and whistles, not a large fridge, not as large of tanks.

This does not mean less quality, as many rvs are constructed with similar components.

You might look at the Gateway line as well... a few more bells and whistles, but still a step below the luxury big 3.

If you buy one without level-up, you might consider adding it aftermarket. (4-6k). Or add Electric leveling system such as Ground Control, (3-4k).
    Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    Texas - West Chapter Leader
    Erika & Tony with two traveling cats, Mambo and Tango
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    2010 ElkRidge 34QSRL (gone)
    2008 NorthTrail 21FBS (gone)
    2016 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 crew cab, long bed, DRW, 4X4
    B&W Companion 20K hitch, Reese 5th Airborne Pin Box, 507 TST, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps,
    MorRyde SRE4000, Winegard Trav'ler, Furrion High-Speed Observation Camera, SmartPlug 50amp Connector
    Visit our blog at http://mammothtravels.blogspot.com/
    HOC #1733

3. Print this Post   #3
    Northeast Region Director JWalker's Avatar

Re: I'm thinking Silverado 38QBS

I would check out all 3 bunkhouse models. Gateway, Elkridge and Silverado have different tweaks they added to make the units just a little different. TV placement, bunkroom layout, 2nd bathroom placement. All a little different. We would take any of them in a heartbeat, but we liked certain things better than others. One thing I can say, they are Long. A few inches shy if 42'. Lots of room and storage but lots of length to haul around. Picked ours up from a dealer in Richmond Virginia.

Good luck in your search.
    Jamie, Ginger and Madison
    Lexi - Our Camping Buddy

2015 ELKRIDGE 37 ULTIMATE
    42' of FUN!!

2011 North Trail 29RE XLT Fiver *OLD*
    2008 North Trail 28BHS *OLDER

2016 RAM 3500 DRW CC 6.7 CUMMINS
    Club Member #1123