Best Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Temperature Guage

wb2nco

OK All! I am experimenting on several indoor/outdoor wireless thermometers. I like to have one sensor inside my rv fridge (telling me fridge temp) and one somewhere placed outside the camper (outside temp.. duh!). I have spent so much time and money on these and I never can seem to get an accurate reading when comparing them all. I understand that no two will be exactly alike + or - 2 degrees of actual temp is reasonably accepted. Which brand/s can you all recommend? So far I have tried WITH NEW BATTERIES: Acu-rite/ LaCrosse/and Camping World's crappy TempMinder.

TempMinder (purchased with 2 sensors) did not work well. One sensor does not broadcast and is completely dead.
LaCrosse: Worked well in my home for about a year and decided to sleep on me! No reading after 1 day of use now.
Acu-Rite: Placed sensor in fridge with display head unit and they read 8 degrees different!

I do place the classic fridge temperature gauge in the rv fridge. This is always accurate!

ILH

I've used LaCross for years without incident. When the batteries need replacing its always an ordeal - but I think most wireless are the same way. The trickiest part is finding a good location on the outside of the trailer that is not affected by the sun.

Westwind

I have a unit I bought at Walmart, I put the sending unit in the propane tank compartment attached to the wall with commercial Velcro that I got at Home Depot, I've forgotten to remove It and it traveled from Florida to Rhode Island with out falling off. I don't recommend doing this our sending unit was ruined from Ice, salt, snow etc. last winter. So we got a new one.

It might not be 100% but it gives us a decent idea of outside and inside temps.

Crumgater

If you're looking for something more industrial... check out all the options at ColePalmer: http://www.coleparmer.com/Category/Temperature_Humidity_Moisture_and_Weather_Products/6207

They have everything from individual sensors to complete wireless weather stations... to fit nearly any budget.

I have a handheld Kestral 4500 weather station that I love. I take it everywhere with me (campgrounds, hiking, airplane rides, work travel, etc.). It has nice fast response and can log data, too. It tracks temperature, humidity and barometric pressure (altitude is fun to watch while driving hwy passes), among other things.

I like the idea of a wireless temperature indicator in the fridge - I always wonder how much the temp changes as soon as you open the door.

jimpav

Ditto on the Kestral 4500 weather station. I keep it in the freezer most of the time. I like the data logging feature as I can chart the varied cycles through the day and night. It's just a little sluggish when frozen in below zero temps, but it is extremely accurate. Bad side is that it's a bit pricy. check out www.nkhome.com

Manzan

I have used Oregon Scientific for years both at home and on the road. The one at home has rain, wind, barometric pressure, indoor and one out door sensor. The one I take with me is old, but has three sensors. One hangs on a tire in a bracket I made, the home unit sits on counter, one sensor in fridge and one in freezer. When the batteries get old, the one in the freezer blanks out. Very interesting to watch tmep changes along with humidity. (Would like to have a wind gauge on roof of TV to see how wind affects mileage.