another shower faucet challenge

captpfd

I own a 2008 Heartland Razor fifth-wheel. It has a corner shower with surround. The faucet assembly is leaking and my RV tech seemed confused as to how to access and remove the faucet to replace or repair it. I read a similar thread dated 4-28-14 where a member had a similar issue. One member cut a access panel and made a plastic cover piece. Is this my only option here or are we missing something I will go take a photo and upload tonight. thx.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If it's a one piece fiberglass shower, you should have a white access plate right under the fixture that will unscrew and you can reach up and access the connections.

captpfd

It is a one-piece shower but I don't see a white access plate under the faucet. I don't see any access plate anywhere. I will go take a picture and post it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I seem to recall someone mentioning one time that they found small allen screws holding the faucet assembly on and when they took the assembly off they were able to get to the lines. Seems that the opening would be very small so you would need someone with small hands to get into the area behind the faucet. Just a stab in the dark but worth a check.

brianharrison

My early 2011 has this style of shower faucet. The handle end screws off, the handle splits into two pieces to access the screw to remove handle from body. You my be able to acess tie down nuts on the faucet once the handles are removed. I have not gone that far.

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0924.jpg
    IMG_0924.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 68

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have the corner shower in our Trail Runner and there is an access panel by the floor right under the shower door to access the drain and other stuff down there.

And this is what the faucet looks like in ours:

ShowerHandleStillLeakingUnderShower-IMG_1359.jpg

Four screws and off it comes!

I plan on replacing this and the kitchen faucet this fall (already replaced the bathroom faucet a few weeks ago).

captpfd

Sorry for not responding as I have been having computer issues. Talked to Scott in tech support at Heartland yesterday and he said unfortunately that I have a problem. I have to either remove the refrigerator to access the corner shower faucet or cut out the faucet from the front and make a new setup using a homemade cover plate. Poor planning and engineering at the time by engineers at Heartland. In most cases on newer units not a problem as new style faucets with the four screws to remove from the front or access panel close by. Frustrating to say the least. BTW, can't get my pictures to upload either at this time.

guyc66

I would buy one of round screw-in type access covers and install it within reach of the shower faucet. That way you would have access to the backside of the faucet to unscrew the water lines, etc. and remove the leaking fixture for repair or replacement.

mbopp

Interesting - I have the same problem - no access short of disassembling the enclosure.
Anybody know of a source for an access cover? I have no qualms about cutting a hole in the enclosure.
Or - if you have a screw-type access cover, who's the manufacturer of the enclosure? Maybe I can order one directly.

captpfd

Heartland sells a access cover through the parts department that measures 8 x 13 for $15 plus shipping. I will probably just go to a hardware store and buy a piece of plastic or plexiglass and make a cover.