Gateway - Fresh water tank vent

jimpav

Am I missing something from my fresh water tank vent?? As it is now, I'm venting the the area behind the UDC. I don't see any loose/open tube in the area.see photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 60

GrumpyOneandTwo

Re: ATF: Gateway - Fresh water tank vent

Hey jimpav,

That sure looks odd. I have my Gateway sitting on my RV lot in Clermont, FL. or I'd look to see what mine looks like. I've had to fix water leaks 3 times in the UDC but I never paid attention to the vent!!! Hopefully some one will help solve the "mystery"!!!!

Mike

Kbvols

Yes there should be a hose running from the fresh tank to the vent outlet. Something is for sure missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

I think the newer rigs with the 4-way Anderson Valve have fresh tanks that are vented at the tank and also have overflows from the tank. Since you have the gravity fill type of fresh water inlet, you probably don't have the 4-way valve. But I'm wondering if your fresh tank might have the vents.

What happens when you try to fill the fresh tank?

jimpav

The fresh water tank seems to fill properly. I don't know how or where the air is displaced as the tank fills? I did discover what seems to be some kind of overflow drain located under the slide of all places. I wonder if this is the "vent"?

Gsxr130

I think the vent is under the main entrance steps. blue line with an elbow on it.

jimpav

yes, that's kind of where the elbow is located. I was told by the dealer that it was an "overflow". I guess it also serves as a vent as well. Mystery solved.

GWRam

Our 2014 Gateway 3650BH has an over flow point behind the main door entry steps, another overflow point on the UDC side of unit near the fresh tank drain. We do not have a vent line coming up internally from the tank and connecting next to the fresh tank fill port.

1_oldgoat

My Gateway is the same, vent is above the rear axle door side, overflow is on the opposite side, depending if the rv is level.or not when filling water for overflow will come out of either side, also i had to turn the elbows towards the rear of the rv, they were pointed fwd and when towing air was causing water to come out when driving down the road, i was loosing a quarter of a tank before i turned valves back. No big deal.

jimpav

Am I missing something from my fresh water tank vent?? As it is now, I'm venting the the area behind the UDC. I don't see any loose/open tube in the area.see photos.
After extensive telecoms with Heartland, I was told the fresh water tank is "pressurized", therefore a vent line is not needed. I really don't understand this logic, but I assume the air displacement happenes through the overflow.