Joined Blowmax 7/26/14

On the way to Sturgis towing 2014 Cyclone 4018. Tread stripped out in North Texas, did some damage to camper, not sure yet how $ it will be to repair. Fortunately I decided to return to this forum to research tire alternatives and not only did I find some good ideas regarding stepping up to G rated or even H rated tires, but I was reminded that I just miiiiiiight be able to collect some $ from either Blowmax or my insurance policy. Thank you Forum!

Question for those who ramped up to G or H tires: how's the ride? My toy hauler already bounces down the road like a super ball. I don't want it to ride any worse on those stiffer tires.

ILH

I only installed new tires earlier today...but on the way back to the campsite the wife swears the ride is smoother. I can't see how since we've gone from 80 psi to 110 psi. Certainly isn't worse.

GWRam

I upgraded to J rated continental HTL2 and was amazed at the ride difference. Much smoother than E rated max tires.
Only thing we can figure is that the old tires had no support and you felt the impact of every expansion joint and then bounced down the road like bad shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J rated? Holy Smokes I am behind the curve. Just found out about the G tires and the 17.5 H(?) rated tires. What are J rated- military grade presidential limo armored run flats?

Appleguy

just got back from 3000 mile trip to Yosemite via hwy 101 thru the Redwoods. even did Hwy 4 over the Sierras with new G rated Geo Stars. great ride and more stable than E rated Tow maxes. hwy 4 is not for the faint of heart. 24% grade in a few places. had to shift down to second twice due to grade.