How to check fuel level in both fuel tanks

Hello All,

My 4200 was ordered with the 2nd auxiliary fuel cell. This weekend I put in 10 gallons to the front 18 gallon tank to run the generator. However, the fuel gauge in the control panel never read above E. I haven't put fuel into the 30 gallon tank yet. From reading on this forum, some note that they have a switch that will read the fuel level on either 1 of the 2 tanks. However, I do not have a switch on my control panel to switch back and forth from each tank. I called Heartland's customer service, but they were not able to answer my question. I was told they would go over to the cyclone plant and ask the plant manager. Still waiting to hear back from them. Anyone with experience on this? I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Or anyone who has a photo of their switch that allows you to read the the levels in both fuel tanks, can you please post a picture. Thanks.

BLHFUN

I'll take a pic tomorrow and send it. I have a 4200 with both tanks. My switch is a two way switch like RamDually.

Mizmary

Here is what ours looks like. I hope this helps.

be12e1b65bda99f0ccb0492d0fbf81b8.jpg

c08c4aadec4f33edfad0ca7819ef02d8.jpg

ee33cb2866b47f8493907a0956cb1955.jpg

BLHFUN

020.jpgThanks MIZMARY and Sorry Cyclonerunner - I took the pictures and Just failed to send it. Course MIZMARY's Illustration makes my Picture look Silly.

Thanks for the photos. I have contacted heartland. They are actually going to send me an entire control plate with the switch installed. They said the wrong plate was actually installed. I could have the dealer repair this mishap under warranty, however I would rather replace it myself. I believe that the wiring is behind my control panel, I think it just never got hooked up to a switch to select the different tanks.

Would it be possible for anyone to send me a photo of the back of the panel with the wiring connecting to this switch and then feeding to the gauge? I asked heartland to send me a wiring diagram but I was told they did not have one. Thanks for your help.