TV mounting placement

flug

We just got our 291 without the TV options. All the models we have seen have the Mount TV Here stickers. Ours does not. Can anyone tell me where I need to mount them or if the mounting plates are even installed behind the wallboard if you do not get the TV option?

Thanks,
Shawna

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
We just got our 291 without the TV options. All the models we have seen have the Mount TV Here stickers. Ours does not. Can anyone tell me where I need to mount them or if the mounting plates are even installed behind the wallboard if you do not get the TV option?

Thanks,
Shawna

Congrats on the new Torque. I would call Heartland customer service and see if they could help. Have your Vin # ready when you call.

bjoseph

Thanks,
Shawna

On my 301, I mounted a TV in the master bedroom and the garage. I ignored the mount here stickers and used a stud finder for the master bedroom and special metal stud finder for the garage. Of course, the aluminum studs aren't easy to find with the magnet stud finder but there was a non-aluminum metal stud in the garage wall right were i needed it. The metal stud finder was about 10$ from Amazon.

Attachments

• carpet.jpg
    carpet.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 85

Sans1

In the bedroom (2014 Torque 291) there is a patch of plywood about two feet from the curbside about a foot from the ceiling. In my case, knocking on the walls you could hear the difference of where the backer was solid versus where it wasn't. In the garage, I mounted on the curbside too under the shelf. Mine had a cable outlet in the underside of the upper shelf. Again, knocking on the wall, I could find a solid spot just opposite of the refrigerator. If unsure try using a finishing nail first to keep the hole small if you drive it more than 3/4 of an inch and is stays solid you probably hit a 'stud' and is safe to mount up to about 25 pounds. (most LCD TVs these days are under 25 pounds unless you are mounting something bigger than 32 inches.) Here are pix of mine. The left one is the bedroom (note the window), the other is the garage (TV removed) note the door on the right.

Attachments

• bedroom.jpg
    bedroom.jpg
    727.5 KB · Views: 82
  • garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 78
have a 2012 291 with tv mounted in living room,,, its not turning on, how do I take it down been trying to figure this out, but dont want to damage the area so i can replace it

Sans1

have a 2012 291 with tv mounted in living room,,, its not turning on, how do I take it down been trying to figure this out, but dont want to damage the area so i can replace it

There are two screws at the bottom of the vertical piece of the mount. loosen them and then the TV will lift up and pull the bottom out, the the top off of the rail. the top rail supports the tv and the bottom one locks it in place. hard to describe in email, I will tr to find a better picture than I was able to take of mine (I just tried)

Sans1

20150419_150742_resized.jpgtvmount.jpg The right side image is what the mount looks like without the TV, the left side pic is looking up from the bottom, as you can see mine are philips head. Turn it counter-clockwise until you can lift the TV a bit, when it is loose enough the with the weight still resting on the top bracket, the bottom will pull out to clear the bottom horizontal bar and you can lift straight up.

Last edited: