New 2015 Bighorn 3270RS Floor Plan

SeattleLion

Re: can't find floor plan for B 3270RS

I just looked on the Heartland web site. The 3270 is listed and shows that it comes with LT235/85R16-G tires! Anyone know which specific tires these are? LT's, wow.

K

karykatz

the weights on the 3270RS will be very comparable to the 3010RE- 11,800 to 12,000 dry weight and hitch weight around 2300 lbs. I hope this helps

Geodude

This floor plan looks like it could hit a real sweet spot. One thing that looks a bit curious that I wanted to ask about, is the entrance door seems to overlap with the inside steps that go up to the bedroom. Is that the case - that the steps needs to have a cutaway to allow trailer ingress/egress?

BTW, it would be super if actual, measured lengths of models could be listed -- this is what counts in the real world, for most people. It seems to take a bit of detective work to get real-life lengths in the world of RVs, for some reason.

olcoon

Thanks Kary, those weights will probably work! Now I'm really getting anxious to actually see it!

goldenbetty

goldenbetty

Kary, is that a new tire size for 2015, because all Big Horns, in the past, came with 235/80/16? I can hardly wait to see it soon. Also, will we be able to order one with the low profile A/C's instead of the whisper quiet model which makes it too tall for our storage building?

Bobby A

RVfun4us - The new 3270RS will start shipping to dealers mid November- so dealers will start seeing them end of November beginning of December. This will be a very popular floor plan so please reach out if you would like to know where you can see one. the floor plan will not be an elite model. this is focusing on length and weight. It is going to be a great floor plan. I hope this helps. let me know if you have any questions

Have I missed something, what is an elite model ??

goldenbetty

goldenbetty

We saw one in Florida, and from what I could see, the slides are taller on the inside (good for our son who is 6'5"). Could be other "touches", but I can't remember.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty

In regards to the tires on the new 3270, why is Heartland using LT tires now instead of ST? We have always gone by the golden rule that ST tires are the tire of choice for all RV's. LT for trucks. In addition, LT doesn't resist sun damage as well as the ST model. Please explain?

danemayer

In regards to the tires on the new 3270, why is Heartland using LT tires now instead of ST? We have always gone by the golden rule that ST tires are the tire of choice for all RV's. LT for trucks. In addition, LT doesn't resist sun damage as well as the ST model. Please explain?
Some tires, Goodyear G614 for example, are designed and marketed for trailer use, but are tested and certified to the LT standard.

SeattleLion

In regards to tires. All tires have a UV protectant built in. The reason for LT tires vs ST tires is they have a better load rating. See attached link. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=219 I hope this helps.

Thanks, Kary. Take a look at this. It is the last paragraph in the tire rack article:

"However Goodyear Marathon and Power King Towmax STR tires featuring the ST size designation may be used at speeds between 66 and 75 mph (106 and 121 km/h) by increasing their cold inflation pressure by 10 psi (69 kPa) above the recommended pressure for the rated maximum load."

If this is true, maybe we need to be at 90psi cold inflation pressure.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Thanks, Kary. RV'ing....the everchanging industry! :p Now, how about the height issue on this model. Can we have the low profile A/C's installed in place of whisper quiet taller ones?

K

karykatz

New whisper quiet AC system. Unfortunately, dometic doesn't make a low profile AC that will work with the whisper quiet AC system. We have to use the high output AC so that there is enough air flow to make the system work correctly. I know this increases the height, but the system is considerably quieter and keeps the unit much cooler.

K

karykatz

SeattleLion - My engineer doesn't recommend increasing the cold inflation pressure

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Thanks for the response. The 3270 is too tall for our building. Looks like we will be adding some upgrades to the BH 3055. Wouldn't it be to our advantage to come to the Goshen Rally and have auto leveling and electric power spool installed while we are there?

New whisper quiet AC system. Unfortunately, dometic doesn't make a low profile AC that will work with the whisper quiet AC system. We have to use the high output AC so that there is enough air flow to make the system work correctly. I know this increases the height, but the system is considerably quieter and keeps the unit much cooler.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I would think so golden betty we have it on our 3055 at least the auto level and we love it..

MCTalley

Thanks for the response. The 3270 is too tall for our building. Looks like we will be adding some upgrades to the BH 3055. Wouldn't it be to our advantage to come to the Goshen Rally and have auto leveling and electric power spool installed while we are there?

We had auto leveling added to our Big Country at Lippert during the 2013 North American rally in Goshen. Can't say that they'll offer it again, but that year the cost was only for parts and no labor. Might be worth seeing what gets offered this spring after the rally registration starts and the vendors start putting in their rally specials.