New 2015 Bighorn 3270RS Floor Plan

laprez

Interesting, Holman RV in Ohio says they will not use the "special build" sheets. They don't special build units.

Guess, if we change our mind, we will have to go elsewhere....:angel:

danemayer

Interesting, Holman RV in Ohio says they will not use the "special build" sheets. They don't special build units.

Guess, if we change our mind, we will have to go elsewhere....:angel:
This sounds like a misunderstanding of the term "special build sheet". Maybe if you print a copy and show it to them, they'll recognize it under a different name.

jbeletti

Re: can't find floor plan for B 3270RS

Art and Pat - I believe Dan's right on this and there's just a misunderstanding on Special Build. On our end, Special Build are a few items that we "can do" upon request. It is not a custom built RV where we're making changes to floor plans, cabinets etc. Perhaps when Holman heard you use the term, in their mind, you wanted customization in layout or similar.

I suggest you give our Bighorn GM, Kary Katzenberger a call today (574-262-5992) to clarify what he can and cannot do. Then maybe he can contact Holman on your behalf to straighten it out. I'd hate for you to feel you have to leave the Heartland family due to a misunderstanding.

laprez

Jim - I explained to the sales rep about the special build sheet and he backed down :) - so we will see ...

But this is only minor (their are LOTS of dealerships).

The big problem is that ordering the 3270 WAS a no-brainer decision. However, the wife currently has the drawer under the fridge full of stuff. I don't know where that stuff will go with the NEW 3270. With the bigger rigs which have lots of storage, losing a big drawer is no big deal. But for the shorter rigs that are already storage limited, taking a big drawer away makes a huge difference. They have taken the storage over the dinette away, the storage in the entertainment section is less usable, and now the huge drawer under the fridge is gone. In sum the 3270 is looking less and less desirable...It still is better than the SOBs we looked at - just not the easy no-brainer decision we were looking for.

RVFun4Us

We saw the 3270RS a couple of weekends ago at an RV show here. First opportunity to actually go inside one. Very impressive. We love the slider in the bedroom into the bathroom and also the all-in-one bath. Question though - we have a fairly tight space next to our house where we park our current 3055 and if I approach at a wrong angle, can clip the gutter. Our 3055 height is listed at 12' 11" on the spec sheet. The 3270 is listed at 13', 3". I understand this new height is because of the new Whisper Quiet AC units. My question is fairly simple. Are the measurements from the ground to the highest point of the roof of the 3055 versus the 3270 the same, not accounting for the AC? If the AC height is the only difference between the two models, then I have no problem. But if the 3270 roof line is actually higher, then I may have an issue. Comments appreciated.

huntur

We saw the 3270RS a couple of weekends ago at an RV show here. First opportunity to actually go inside one. Very impressive. We love the slider in the bedroom into the bathroom and also the all-in-one bath. Question though - we have a fairly tight space next to our house where we park our current 3055 and if I approach at a wrong angle, can clip the gutter. Our 3055 height is listed at 12' 11" on the spec sheet. The 3270 is listed at 13', 3". I understand this new height is because of the new Whisper Quiet AC units. My question is fairly simple. Are the measurements from the ground to the highest point of the roof of the 3055 versus the 3270 the same, not accounting for the AC? If the AC height is the only difference between the two models, then I have no problem. But if the 3270 roof line is actually higher, then I may have an issue. Comments appreciated.

We have a new 3270 RS.
When attached to our Dodge 3500 DRW the height to the top of AC is 13'2.
Only way I can see for you to know what your height is at the roof line is to measure the one you have hooked up,
then take the same truck to the dealer and measure the height of the new one hooked up.
Not sure this helped. Great question ! Will be watching for better ideas. Good luck !

K

karykatz

RVFun4Us - Regarding you question the height of new 3270 vs your 3055. The height of the n 3270RS with 2nd ac ill be very close to your 3055 with 2nd AC will be within an inch. I hope this helps

RVFun4Us

Kary - Just to clarify, I was asking about the roof line not including the AC since those are in the middle of the roof. My issue is the roofline on the door side clearing the corner of my house roof with gutter. As Huntur mentioned above, it may depend on what truck you are using but just wanted a general idea comparing the 3270 roofline to the 3055 roofline, not considering the AC on top. Hope that explains it. Thanks.

GoonF250

For those that have purchased the 3270rs .........where did you mount the toilet paper holder. Just a question i had to ask...... not seeing a handy spot. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
For those that have purchased the 3270rs .........where did you mount the toilet paper holder. Just a question i had to ask...... not seeing a handy spot. Thanks
Many people use a freestanding TP holder.
No worries on where to mount it and inexpensive at Walmart.

Peace
Dave

Geodude

We end up mounting ours to the inside of the lower bathroom cabinet door. We wanted one less thing to put away when breaking camp.

pday1213

We did the same as Geodude. We got one of those over the door racks that we put the TP on inside the lower door. Works out great and no unrolling while traveling down the road. Easy yo get to as the toilet is right across from the lower sink door.