Buying a 2015 North Trail 32RLTS

DougInTX

Hi folks!

First post...

I have just put a deposit down on a 2015 North Trail 32RLTS. I'm really looking forward to it. The dealer had it on order and didn't have another one on the lot, so I haven't actually seen the camper yet. It's just for my wife and me, so it ought to have plenty of room. It will be replacing our aging 2000 Fleetwood Wilderness 27GL. Will be towing with a 2012 Ford F250 gasser. I couldn't find much in terms of reviews of this camper on the net, so I'd love to hear from anyone who has one. It will probably be about 3 weeks before I can take delivery, so now the wait begins.

Cheers,
Doug

jimtoo

Hi Doug,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You will love your new toy. Be sure you do a very complete, slow PDI when it comes in and they tell you it's ready. Check top ot bottom,,, front to back. All with water and elec hooked up.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum and ask your questions.

Jim M

DougInTX

Well, just got off the phone with the dealer.

I should be able to pick it up around Sept 19.

FWIW, I am also getting an Equal-i-zer 4 point hitch. It looks like a big improvement over my old chain WDH and separate anti-sway bar. I also like that it seems to hook up with little effort (using the front trailer jack). I had to use the pry bar for my old one, and you had to crank it pretty hard to get it to stick. It slipped off a few times and almost broke my arm (reminds me of winding a spring on a garage door opener). But hey, as I get older I'm all for making my life easier (and safer too).

Cheers,
Doug

pegmikef

Congrats on your impending purchase. Before I moved to a fiver I had a North Trail 26LRSS for two and a half years and a lot of miles. We loved it and except for the blow max tires had zero issues with it (some minor, easily fixed stuff . . just hiccups). I had the EZ-Lift WD hitch and it worked very well. The first thing I did though was swapped out the manual tongue jack for an electric one (VIP 3500) that I had used on my Edge. It sure made hooking up easy. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your North Trail as much as we did ours.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Doug, a great place to begin your shakedown of the new rig would be at the south Texas rally in Montgomery, October 17-19th. Sign up HERE

DougInTX

Thanks Jay, but unfortunately I have another commitment that weekend. Maybe next time.

We'll probably do our inaugural trip somewhere close, probably Somerville or maybe Palmetto State Park

Cheers,
Doug

DougInTX

Well, a few delays here and there, but the trailer has finally arrived at the dealer (ExploreUSA in Kyle, TX), fresh from the factory. There was a few extra days delay due to "your trailer was selected at the factory for a random Quality Control check". Hopefully that's a good thing (and not just a line by the sales guy to explain the delay). It's nice that it's brand new and hasn't been sitting on a lot for a while.

So we go tomorrow to do our own pre-delivery inspection and finalize the paperwork, and should be able to drive it home next Monday. I have a long list of things to check, and we plan on spending the whole afternoon with it if needed. Then they'll have the rest of the week to fix anything (hopefully won't be much, if any) and then we get the full run though with the service tech on Monday.

So far, so good with the folks at ExploreUSA. They've been very responsive to my inquiries, and also gave me a great price.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Doug

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats, Doug! Sounds like you'll have a "top-notch" trailer when you finally get it.

There's another Rally, a little sooner, Oct 10-12 in Bullard TX (just south of Tyler), if you wanted to make the trip!

Erika

DougInTX

Thanks, We'll keep an eye out for that weekend. I'm actually a little bit bummed out though (which unfortunately goes against my excitement) in that my calendar is pretty booked all the way through mid November. I have a bit of flexibility, but not much.

It looks like my maiden voyage may be in my back yard!

Cheers,
Doug