ATF: Landmark - Bedroom AC exhaust vents

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I have a 2015 Key Largo and only have one cooling vent in the bedroom with two AC inlet vents. When operating our AC in the bedroom it does not seem to keep up and cool the bedroom very well (ie on an 85 degree day we can't get the bedroom to stay below 80 degrees), whereas the living room stays much cooler. Is it normal to only have one AC cooling vent in the bedroom? Is this something anyone else has experienced? Our bighorn had 4 AC cooling vents and was MUCH more efficient on the ability to keep our rig cooled in hot weather.

In addition we get a lot of condensation on our bedroom ceiling and clear into the closet in the front cap in the bedroom light.

Rod

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 167

bob34787

my san Antonio has 6 vents in the bedroom 3 intake and 3 outlets, my guess is your coach is missing a few and your ceiling if getting cold due to no place for the A/C to go with only one vent. in my case I think the abundance of vents in my bedroom seems to diminish the cold air in the main part of the RV.

For20hunter

I believe you are probably right in that someone left out a couple exhaust vents. I would gladly sacrifice some main room cooling to not have condensation building up and leading to future water damage

Since this is ask the factory; It would be nice if the factory reps would reply. I have the same problem with my 2015 Key Largo. Seems as though the vents don't have as much air flow.

For20hunter

***UPDATE*** Heartland authorized the dealership to install another bedroom AC vent which they said will take care of the problem. I am sure that they are right, but until summer, I will not be able to tell for sure if it cured the problem. I will post more later.

Rod Ditrich