Oakmont by Heartland?

Kbvols

I drove by the factory yesterday and seen several 5th wheels with the name Oakmont on them. They caught my eye so I turned around and looked closer they were labeled Oakmont by Heartland. Not sure if this is a new product or perhaps I have just never seen. They appeared to be a more entry level coach compared to say a Bighorn or Landmark. I did see a few of the new Landmark 365's and a what appeared to be full paint Big Horn both were both exteriors were beautiful looking.

JeromyS

Just got done with a factory tour. It is a new line Heartland is releasing. Our tour guide mentioned it's supposed to take the place of the Sundance ( edit: I must have remembered incorrectly as it is now confirmed to replace the Silverado ). The ones that I saw had 4/6 point leveling systems on them so they seemed to be higher end units. Never actually went in one though.

Last edited:

JeromyS

Take her up on it while you have the approval! It looked like a nice unit. If I didn't need to sleep 6 while hosting 6 Fur-Kids I'd be looking at those.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
By: RV PRO Staff
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Heartland has made a new fifth wheel, the Oakmont, that the company will debut at America’s Largest RV Hershey RV Show in Hershey, Pa., and to dealers during the Open House Week Extravaganza at Elkhart, Ind., according to a news release.
The residential-style RV has four floor plans including a 41-foot bunk model and two 35- to 38-foot couples coaches that start at a suggested retail price of $53,900.

“Our team spent the last eight months reviewing and evaluating residential interiors,” said General Manager Kary Katzenberger, noting Heartland would grow the number of floorplans to seven or eight by next spring. “Our goal was to bring that type of upscale look and comfort into the Oakmont, but even more importantly, at a cost that undercuts the competition. We accomplished that by designing an interior that will grab the attention of the retail customer.”

Other features include:

• Six-point hydraulic level system.

• Three to four hydraulic-powered slide rooms

• 7,000-pound Dexter axle and E-Z Flex suspension.

• Residential-style furniture including recliners with power massagers.

• Stackable washer/dryer prep.

• 50-inch LED TVs in main living area.

• Lippert Correct Track suspension system.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
A similar story today in RV Business:

[h=1]Heartland Debuts Fiver in Key Volume Segment[/h] Print
September 9, 2014 by RVBusiness Leave a Comment

New Oakmont fifth-wheel from Heartland
Hitting a price point that “establishes a new category” in the expanding fifth-wheel market, Heartland Recreational Vehicles introduces its smartly appointed, full-profile Oakmont line equipped with the company’s exclusive “Mega Slide.”
Recognizing a heightened demand in the full-profile fifth-wheel segment — driven by an affluent Baby Boomer demographic — Heartland focused on designing a residential-style environment that caters to the needs of both full-timers and RVers that travel with families. The Oakmont is initially available in four floorplans, two 41-foot bunk models and two 35- to 38-foot couples coaches, with MSRP’s starting at $53,900 well-equipped.
“Our team spent the last eight months reviewing and evaluating residential interiors,” said General Manager Kary Katzenberger, noting Heartland would grow the number of floorplans to seven or eight by next spring. “Our goal was to bring that type of upscale look and comfort into the Oakmont, but even more importantly, at a cost that undercuts the competition. We accomplished that by designing an interior that will grab the attention of the retail customer.”
Oakmont’s spacious kitchen area
Heartland President Chris Hermon added, “Heartland’s marketing strategy is to always offer our dealer partners unprecedented value. With the Oakmont, we were are able to create a whole new price point in one of the industry’s fastest-selling segments while still providing the features, amenities and structural integrity that today’s consumers are demanding.”
Katzenberger reported that a key element in the Oakmont design was integrating Heartland’s Mega Slide offered in the builder’s upper-end Big Horn fifth-wheel lineup. “It features a 7-foot-2-inch ceiling height that really opens up the coach,” he said, noting the slideroom was currently available on certain Oakmont models. “The slide also offers large, panoramic windows that help enhance the feel of a more spacious interior without sacrificing storage.”
Other set-apart features include:
• Six-point hydraulic level system.
• Three to four hydraulic-powered sliderooms
• 7,000-pound Dexter axle and E-Z Flex suspension.
• Residential-style furniture including recliners with power massagers.
• Stackable washer/dryer prep.
• 50-inch LED TVs in main living area.
• Lippert Correct Track suspension system.
Keying on another residential trend, the Oakmont also provides a spacious, fully-equipped kitchen area with residential-style refrigerator and appliances, 20–inch stove for maximum counter space and a deep stainless steel sink and faucet.
The Oakmont will make its debut to consumers at America’s Largest RV Show in Hershey, Pa., while offering Heartland’s dealer body a first look at the Elkhart County RV Open House.
For more information on the Oakmont fifth-wheel line and other Heartland RV product visitwww.heartlandrvs.com.

SeattleLion

Interesting product addition. How is it possible to release a new model with a price point well under, say, Bighorn, yet offer essentially the same product? Where are the cost savings in production that makes this possible? Kary, what are the market differentiators?

Pizzaguy

We were in the Oakmont last Saturday that my dealer was able to get for a show. It was a very nice unit and the pictures in post #6 is the floorplan we were in. I would say it is nicer than the Silverado with more extras available. DW did not care for the light colored paneling on the ceiling or the light fixture over the island but everybody has their own taste is decor. Overall I thought it was nicely done.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Question for Heartland: Why doesn't Heartland keep their website current?

It is current for what dealers are selling NOW.

If the website reflected what is "brand new" and not on dealers' lots, no one would want what dealers have in stock.

I know it doesn't seem right, but the Dealer Open House and Hershey Show are aimed at dealers, not consumers. Heartland shows off to the dealers, dealers make their orders. Once the orders are on the lots, you'll probably see the website updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dfk009

Kris Willis RV at Dexter, MO. has one on his lot, with extensive photos of it on his web site. Thinking about driving down to see it in person. Beautiful furniture and trim. Looks like Heartland did their homework well.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
There was an Oakmont at the Hershey show. Looked very similar to the Silverado. Very nice unit.

dalspot

We learned at the Hershey show that it is replacing the Silverado.

Just got done with a factory tour. It is a new line Heartland is releasing. Our tour guide mentioned it's supposed to take the place of the Sundance. The ones that I saw had 4/6 point leveling systems on them so they seemed to be higher end units. Never actually went in one though.