2015 Cyclone 4200

barneyboy

I have a 2015 Cyclone 4200 5h wheel Toy hauler. When I have the camper all setup and leveled we still can feel movement through the camper when my kids are in the back or just walking in and about. Is there anything else I can do to eliminate the side to side movement ? Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One item that helps movement is a product called JT-Strongarms. This is just one of a couple brands of stabilizers.
Reports are that the stabilizers works really well.

Peace
Dave

Surfing the internet yesterday came across a picture of 6-point levelup with a cross bar running left to right between the rear jacks, it was bolted to the extra holes on the side of the jack that hang below the frame. this would help side to side, when i get my new 4100 next week I will make a set and try them out. I will let you know how it well it works. not sure you will ever take all the movement out.

ILH

Are you using the X-chalk tire chalks? They really lock the tires in place to prevent movement.

Boostable

Are your rear jacks firmly on the ground? First couple of times I leveled mine they would go down and then be slightly re-leaved of pressure as the front setup. The look like they are down, but not firmly down if that makes sense. I ended up blocking the two rears and it has seemed to helped with a firmer stance and movement.

2TrakR

I put the JT Strongarm setup on our 2011 3950 and it made a world of difference. Would say fixed it about 95%. Without them, using only rear scissor and standard landing in front plus the x-chocks on the wheels, it was really annoying with all the bouncing/wiggling. If it were just DW and I, probably would not been a big deal, but with two school age kids...

ground-control-leveling-system-9-09-048-e1271822614429.jpg

porthole

Retired
Those look like the ground control kit. But the idea looks like it would work just as well with LevelUp.

Another project for the next season. Looks like with my trailer I could make it as "X" bracing.

ndmac

Barneyboy,
I am sorry to hear you are having movement with the 6 point leveling.

I took delivery of my new 2015 CY4200, and well the dealer looked at me like I had three heads when I told them I wanted JT Strong arms installed on my Cyclone or no deal.

They argued, and argued with me that I did not need them with this system and they did not think they could even be installed with the pad/leg on LCI 6 Point leveling system. I had already done months of research on the LCI stabilizers and was aware of the attachment for this system so I sent them links and pictures and I now have them on my unit.

I have not stayed in it since taking delivery, but makes me feel better about my stuborness on this point.
I have talked to several RVer's that swear by them and that was one reason I requested them on mine.

From what I can see with these installed on my unit is a well built quality product.

IMG_2398.jpg
View attachment untitled.bmpIMG_2484.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 58

caissiel

What happens to the bars when a cylinder has a leak down like most hydraulics do. Hydraulics do not garanty solid anchor like a thread does.

ndmac

What happens to the bars when a cylinder has a leak down like most hydraulics do. Hydraulics do not garanty solid anchor like a thread does.

Caissiel,
As Porthole stated they will prevent movement as designed and slip past the bolt if the hydraulics bleed.

porthole

Retired
And, if you forget to loosen the lock bolt and try and raise the jacks, your trailer will respond very loudly in defiance.

Or so I have been told :)

ndmac

And, if you forget to loosen the lock bolt and try and raise the jacks, your trailer will respond very loudly in defiance.

Or so I have been told :)

Porthole,
My only true concern with these things....LOL! But the I guess that would be a life lesson if it happens to me at some point. We generally camp in one spot from Mar to Oct, then move to warmer climate from Nov - Feb so I like my odds of remembering to loosen them...LOL