Child proof?

With a two year old running around the camper anyone have any ideas how to child proof some things inside like opening the screendoor or how to cover the slide out switches and now hes being adventourous and started climbing up the bunk ladder this past weekend. any ideas welcomed

Mizmary

We installed a baby gate ( the screw into the wall kind) in our first 5er to keep kids in.

As for the others... Those are tough. I will think on it

Parkdale

We had the same issue with our two young grandchildren. Our Prowler has two doors so we installed an eye and hook lock on both doors up above the slide out of their reach.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
To keep our fat cat from popping the screen door open (he did once), I installed a barrel latch on it. Also serves as a secondary lock during the night. Be sure to unlatch it if you are leaving and shut the outer door. Takes a strong pull to get the outer door open again, since it's now latched to the screen door.

View attachment 31902

Mizmary

I think for the slide switches I would look into one of those hinged plastic covers. Is your bunk ladder the kind that is wood and built in to the wall?