Water pump and fresh water tank drain locations 2015 24BHS, where are they?

I am looking for the water pump location on this trailer.

Also I am have some questions about the fresh water tank drain. I think i have found it, there were three valves/drains just in front of the front axle, there was one valved that was not pressurized when opened and seemed to gravity drain. However it only drained the fresh tank to about 2/3 from full as the start. Then it stopped draining. Was this the correct drain for the Fresh Tank or is it else where?

Thanks

berky

Maybe I can give you a little help, based on the way our 26LRSS is built:
- You should find three plastic pipes stubbing out from the belly cover, each with a valve. Two should be close together, a red pipe and a blue pipe. These are the low-point drains for the water piping. The third pipe stub, maybe a foot or so from the other two on ours, is the fresh water tank drain.
- Our fresh water tank is really slow to drain, probably a half hour for a full tank. So be patient.
- If it stopped draining prematurely, there's a chance there's a foreign object in the tank. (Though I never heard of that and hope that's not the case). Try sticking a wire up the drain line with the valve open.
- On our 26LRSS the water pump is behind a screwed-in-place panel below the range. Your pump will almost surely be on the same side of the TT as the kitchen sink. Maybe work left ( or right) from the sink and just start removing panels.

Hope that helps. If not, there are plenty of other helpful NT owners to chime in.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On our Trail Runner, the hot and cold (red and blue) drain plugs are at the very rear of the trailer between the step to the to the back door and the rear bumper.

And the fresh water tank drain is just in front of the step to the rear door.

CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg

Thanks for the help, yeah that was the fresh tank drain I found and it did stop early. Tank is now empty however, I emptied it via outside shower and pump. This trailer is new, it is going back to the dealer on 9/10, this is one of the issues on the list, it is a very short list but I want it fixed. Thanks for the help.

danemayer

Thanks for the help, yeah that was the fresh tank drain I found and it did stop early. Tank is now empty however, I emptied it via outside shower and pump. This trailer is new, it is going back to the dealer on 9/10, this is one of the issues on the list, it is a very short list but I want it fixed. Thanks for the help.
The fresh tank drain is usually teed into the line that goes to the pump, and the tee is usually located very close to the tank. So if you can empty the tank by pumping the water out, but the water doesn't drain, that sounds like the drain valve is clogged. As suggested earlier, you might be able to gently push a wire or coathanger through the open valve to clear whatever is restricting water flow. Of course, if that doesn't help, I'm sure your dealer can figure it out.

I tried this. It looks like the valve is higher than the tank. At least if that is what the bulge in the under belly is. If this is the case, that would explain why water can't flow up hill.

danemayer

Some owners drain their fresh tank while towing. Going downhill and normal motion during towing will help empty the tank more completely.

Dealer fixed this yesterday. That Fresh water drain where it was T'ed into the pump feet line was higher than the location it pulled water from the tank, actually about the 2/3's level is where the T was at, so that explains why it wouldn't drain. They relocated the tank drain to the same place the water pulls from the tank, so all is good now.