Frameless window problem

Majestic

The frameless window crank pops out of the track allowing the window to open freely. The plastic rollers do not stay in the track. This is bad enough when parked but we will lose the window if it happens in travel. The only way to repair was to drill out the rivets, re-install and put rivets back in.

Is this an isolated issue or happening to others?

bobw

I have three windows that the rollers have come out of the track. I'm also intrested in a way of putting them back in the track without drillingout thr rivets.

Majestic

What was your production date, wondering if this is just a small batch of windows. I am talking with HL in the am about this

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just had one of my windows do this. Just looked at it tonight. Was able to get one side of the roller to work the window. Will have to look at it more.

Jim.Allison

I had one mess up on the last trip. On mine the thin pieces that extend the window and retract the window bent and had to be bent back to operate. I fixed it by bending it back into position. I dont get it, this is an expensive option you would think there would be no problems with them, AT ALL!!!!!

Last edited:

bobw

Gary, I believe that the production date is Dec 2013 or Jan 2014. If you do talk to HL post a reply on hrer and let know what they say.

Majestic

What i have found out so far is that these defective window systems are made by a division of Lippert, big surprise! I have sent an email and waiting for a response. I will call them after a week. Our production was Feb 2014 so I don't think it is just a bad batch since others are a few years old.

i will let you know what i find out.

Jimnkarens

Ours is a BH3260, production August 2014. We have had the same problem. Poor engineering.
We were also told to drill out the rivets. Im going to try it, but I don't like it.

GWRam

I had the problems with the windows frameless dual pane windows. When I spoke with division that made them I was told take it to my dealer to confirm the problem and they would just ship new windows for the dealer to install.
I was looking for some kind of adjustment I could make myself and was told they would probably just replace depending on what dealer found. I had all the issues mentioned in the posts above and a few others.
All the dealer did was adjust the windows. Work great, haven't had a problem since. Three windows each with a different type of issue. Now fine. So there are adjustments that are possible. I just don't know why the window company didn't tell me or provide any literature so I could figure it out on my own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2psnapod2

Are you sure they did not just stick one side of the little wheel into the groove? That is what I did for now, but it could come out again going down the road. So I will at a later time work on it again.

I had the problems with the windows frameless dual pane windows. When I spoke with division that made them I was told take it to my dealer to confirm the problem and they would just ship new windows for the dealer to install.
I was looking for some kind of adjustment I could make myself and was told they would probably just replace depending on what dealer found. I had all the issues mentioned in the posts above and a few others.
All the dealer did was adjust the windows. Work great, haven't had a problem since. Three windows each with a different type of issue. Now fine. So there are adjustments that are possible. I just don't know why the window company didn't tell me or provide any literature so I could figure it out on my own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pegmikef

Is this an affliction of just dual pane windows or both single and dual pane windows? I have single pane frameless windows and have never had a problem (in a little over 7k miles).

2psnapod2

Not sure Mike, I just know mine are Dual Pane.

Is this an affliction of just dual pane windows or both single and dual pane windows? I have single pane frameless windows and have never had a problem (in a little over 7k miles).

Majestic

I talked with Lippert warranty about the problem, they say the material on the roller is probably the problem on mine and they will ship the replacement crank to me directly or my dealer under warranty. I will be ordering mine directly as it is easy to replace. If not warranty, you can buy them directly as well.

GWRam

I talked with Lippert warranty about the problem, they say the material on the roller is probably the problem on mine and they will ship the replacement crank to me directly or my dealer under warranty. I will be ordering mine directly as it is easy to replace. If not warranty, you can buy them directly as well.
Gary,
If you think about it, after the parts come in and you have made the fix, post again and let us know if it is a straight forward fix or any tips you may want to provide.
Dave

2psnapod2

I would like to see the pics of the new crank system and the rivets.

pegmikef

Mike, when you all are speaking of cranks is that literally a crank or are you referring to a round knob that cranks the window open? Mine all have knobs that you turn to operate the windows . . not cranks like one finds on casement windows.

Majestic

If you are not under warranty, here is were to order

Parkin Accessories at 1-800-637-8938.

mine are under warranty and when they are installed i will let you know if they are any different from what we have

Jimnkarens

I tried the suggested fix, drilling out the rivets in the crank handle bracket, sliding the bushings into the window channel and riveting the bracket back onto the frame. Easily done, solid fix, works great.