Bedroom slide out

Hello
I recently bought a 2010 Sundance 28ft 5th wheel. I noticed that there is alot of wear on the slide out chip board. Does anyone else have this problem? Can this be fixed? If so does anyone know how?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Eldon

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Eldonbresseau and welcome to this great forum. Lots of great people here with lots of great information to share.
Does your slide ride on rollers?
If so you could add some galvanized sheet metal to the bottom of the slide for the rollers to ride on.
If no rollers, about the only thing you can do is seal the bottom with some epoxy paint and keep an eye on it for future wear.

Peace
Dave

call heartland thy have plastic strips about 5" wide x 36" long that you stick to the bottom of the slide for the rollers to run on, had a 2013 cyclone 3110 kitchen slide that was looking bad, rollers were leaving a 1/32 deep path in the plywood and flaking of the thin black coating so there was bare wood exposed. if you have a jack with a piece of wood to spreed the load jack up just enough to slide the plastic between the rollers and the floor and stick down, the strips come with double sided tape and a tube of adhesive. if your floor is in bad shape you can put screws ever 6" down the edge of the plastic strips for extra precaution.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is this the bedroom slide or another? If the bedroom slide, check the rollers by pulling down the slide seal to see if you can see the roller.
118b4fb1a81a27a6321a7ef2b800b335.jpg

In our case screws had broken and the roller was coming loose, causing wear tracks on the bottom of the slide. HL replaced our rollers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are right it is a bedroom slide roller, the screws were completely broken off. Would this be a recall from Heartland. I am in Ontario. What was the cost of the repair?

Is this the bedroom slide or another? If the bedroom slide, check the rollers by pulling down the slide seal to see if you can see the

roller.
118b4fb1a81a27a6321a7ef2b800b335.jpg

In our case screws had broken and the roller was coming loose, causing wear tracks on the bottom of the slide. HL replaced our rollers.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
No, not a recall. I had other work done at the factory and that's when it was corrected. You would have to speak to Heartland or a dealer to find out a cost. I know someone here on the forum made a similar repair themselves.

mlburst1

We recently had the bedroom slide rollers repaired at a local dealer - on one roller, all of the screws had sheared off (improper fasteners used by factory).

They removed the bed frame and all of the outside trim, then ran the slide all the way into the bedroom to get to the rollers.

The cost was approximately $900.00.

Cjackg

A friend of mine with an older Cyclone 3110 had a similar problem and HL sent him some heavy plastic strips which he installed under the slide to provide a more sturdy surface for the rollers... see pic below of this repair... but call HL for details !

Slide-repair.JPG

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Those plastic strips are most likely from Parkland Plastics. They've supplied the slide floors and the repair kits in the past