ADCO RV Covers

PapaMikey

Has anyone ordered a special ordered RV cover for their MPG from ADCO? I just talked to Paul (Adco) on the phone and he says that he does have the plans on hand for the MPG 181 and 183 and can make it for me. I am interested to hear from someone who has had one made and if it fits better than buying a 20' cover from say Camping World. I currently use a 20' cover but of course, it has a lot of extra material up front and in the back. Thanks ahead and I look forward to hearing from someone out there.

happykraut

After covering my last rig(a BC) for one season my dealer could tell that I had covered it. When the cover flops around in the wind, it can cause chafing. I no longer will cover any of my rigs. And don't think you can get the cover tight enough not to cause problems.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
After covering my last rig(a BC) for one season my dealer could tell that I had covered it. When the cover flops around in the wind, it can cause chafing. I no longer will cover any of my rigs. And don't think you can get the cover tight enough not to cause problems.

Ditto!

I was going to buy a cover for our trailer last winter, but after talking with one of my neighbors who has a cover for his 5th-wheel (not a Heartland), I decided not to get one.

While the idea of an RV cover sounded good, his experiences told me not to get one.

For starters, his cover ripped in several places during the first strong wind storm we had . . . and he said it rubbed off some of his caulking on the corners of his trailer . . . and he also got mold on his cover and trailer while the cover was on!

And here in Colorado, mold is usually not an issue due to the altitude.

I like the idea of the cover, but it seems that the problems an RV cover brings might outweigh the benefits.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Save your money buying a cover unless you live where there is no WIND!!!! Or if you have money find inside storage !!

PapaMikey

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. If I had the cash to store my trailer inside, I certainly would. The summer here in Northern California are HOT and SUNNY, but that is not when I usually cover mine. It is usually in the winter months when we are not traveling around that it will be covered. I guess the purpose of a cover is to protect the graphics, seals and rubber from deteriorating under the hot sun, but that is not when I put it on, because we use it more from Spring to Fall. I am not sure I want to fork out approximately $500 for a cover that is fitted to my trailer, and then not use it very much. I am paying about $50 a month to store my trailer on a lot, but it sure would be nice to store it inside. We have a place like that near our home, but I am sure it will be more expensive than I am paying now per month.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We store ours inside and it's ideal. We passed on a cover before we had the inside option for the reasons mentioned but after reading a thread earlier on this same question I though about shrink wrapping (like you see on boats going down the highway) turns out "they" have been doing it for years. I'm giving serious thought to getting into it. Any thoughts??