Good Dealer - Bad Dealer - Camping World

Georgia_Biker

I am not sure where to put this posting but, here goes!

We have a BH3610RE that is about 18 months old. We are on a 2 months or longer trip through New England to see the leaves change and eat Lobsters.

There is a growing list of items we need to have repairs made on. We purchased an extended Warranty through our dealer - Camping World - Oakwood,GA when we bought the Big Horn.

My question is can anyone tell me who the better Camping World dealers are? We have already had several bad experencies with Oakwood and the wait time just to get in for repairs is always 2-3 weeks or longer. Space does not permit all the things that have happened there, we also have friends that bought a 5th wheel there and their expierences have been so bad they refuse to ever return.

There should be some kind of rating guide for good or bad CW dealers.

Many thanks

Tallyrver

[SUB]don't come to the Tallahassee CW, I'm into it with them over my Blowmax tire issue. do a search on this and other forums. Like Irv2 ,Or google

wayne[/SUB]

wdk450

I also give a vote for RVServiceReviews.com in both pre-service and pre-purchase decisions. If a dealer's service is lousy, I wouldn't want to rely on them for warranty service on my new unit.
Many of us have expressed a preference for INDEPENDENT RV SERVICERS (no sales operations) for service over dealer-attached service departments. Heartland will pay warranty charges to these servicers with prior approval. From what I have seen of the RV and Medical Electronics industries (where I was a "Field Engineer"), service departments are a necessary non-profit department needed to have a profitable sales department (where all the profit and commissions are). Independent RV service businessmen need to do a good job (for repeat business and word of mouth recommendations), and complete the job quickly to keep up their cash flow. Most RV dealer service operations do not have these customer satisfaction incentives - they can survive off of the sales profits.

Finally, if you find RVServicereviews.com and its cousin RVParkReviews.com helpful, please send an annual donation to keep these sites going, and not make them resort to advertising (and advertisers possible reviews influence).

clayhud

GA Biker,

I bought the same unit at CW of Oakwood, GA 14 months ago and have been back twice for warranty work and I agree the wait times are lengthy to say the least. I have developed a good relationship with Dustin the service writer there and as he explains they have a ton of warranty work flow thru there every day, resulting in what we are seeing with wait times! I just replaced my blow max tires after reading your and numerous others posts on blow outs. I was lucky to replace mine before the blow happened! I bought the Goodyear G614's from CW on sale and they scheduled me in the next day and in 3 hours I was on the road. I looked real hard at the 17.5 " option and just thought the 16" Goodyears have good reviews and big difference in price vs. buying wheels.

I am just down the road in Monroe so we should hook up one day for dinner. I am still a full time worker.......gotta keep paying into Social Security so my fellow rv'ers can enjoy their lifestyle......LOL Have fun on the trip!

danemayer

Don't just be a reader of service reviews. Add your reviews based on your experiences - good and bad. Keep it factual and leave the emotion behind. If they had 2 or 3 shots at repairing a leak and it still leaks, that's the key message others need to see. If they took 10 weeks to solve a simple problem and you discovered the parts didn't get ordered from the manufacturer until week 7, that's the key message others need to see.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Thanks for that link! Being full time we fix most things ourselves, but you never know when something may be beyond our expertise...that will come in very handy!!

Georgia_Biker

Clay-

Thanks for the reply!

Yea we need to get together. Good move on the Good Years - I am very happy and most of all confident with them.

My wife is retired because of layoff (24 years with her company). I am still working and drawing SS but all I need is a laptop & cellphone - I sell large forklifts.

We plan on being back to Social Circle late Oct or early Nov.

Georgia_Biker

Bob-

CW is who we bought the extended warranty with so that is who we have to use. The Heartland warranty is pretty much gone after 18 months.

mikeandconnie

Hi,
We traveled full time for 6 years all over the US and I always used a moble tech. Most of them will bill your extended warranty provider. I'v only taken my rig in once for a Heartland manatory inspection.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Ironically, each time we've been out with our camper this summer we've seen a mobile RV repair truck pull in to work on someone's RV near us!

Twice to the RV right next door to us . . .

I hope I never have to do this . . .

GOTTOYS

Bob-

CW is who we bought the extended warranty with so that is who we have to use. The Heartland warranty is pretty much gone after 18 months.
I don't think that is the case. You should be able to go wherever you want. You may have to pay for it then send the bill to CW but only after you have called them before the work was done and get pre-approval. Don't be surprised if many of the things on your list aren't covered. Extended service contracts don't cover nearly as much as they want you to think they do....Don

camr

CW in Nashville did an absolute butcher job installing our Airlift system. Left the heat shield off, installed the compressor directly to the fuse box without a fuse and did not install two braces included in the kit. I had to get the "installation" reinstalled when we got home at my expense. The tech clearly did not understand how to install an air ride system, and was unable or unwilling to follow the directions included with the kit.

Sadly, I do not know why Camping World MUST do horrible service work.

wdk450

I go to our Rocklin, Ca. Camping World infrequently, but remember marveling at a BANNER on the wall above the Service/Parts counter with a toll free phone number to call if you had a complaint. I also remember hearing on various RV forums that calling this number put you in DIRECT CONTACT with a Camping World VP who was very sympathetic, and usually got problems resolved. I know that Corporate positions and policies change quickly with time, but this might be worth pursuing if you have a problem with Camping World Service.

Also, help out the next RVer by posting to RVServiceReviews.com about your service experiences, good and bad. Again, people and policies change at businesses over time, and fresh reviews are more indicative than 5 year old ones. Additionally, having negative reviews posted online may goad an RV servicer to get their act together.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I go to our Rocklin, Ca. Camping World infrequently, but remember marveling at a BANNER on the wall above the Service/Parts counter with a toll free phone number to call if you had a complaint. I also remember hearing on various RV forums that calling this number put you in DIRECT CONTACT with a Camping World VP who was very sympathetic, and usually got problems resolved. I know that Corporate positions and policies change quickly with time, but this might be worth pursuing if you have a problem with Camping World Service.

Also, help out the next RVer by posting to RVServiceReviews.com about your service experiences, good and bad. Again, people and policies change at businesses over time, and fresh reviews are more indicative than 5 year old ones. Additionally, having negative reviews posted online may goad an RV servicer to get their act together.

That hasn't worked with my dealership (not Camping World).

It is very apparent that they were more interested in the sale of our trailer . . .

And once off of their lot, they could care less about our happiness with said product.

By the way . . . it was two years ago today that we bought our Trail Runner . . .

Too bad that our dealership couldn't be bothered to keep our business.

Matter of fact, I now will be taking our trailer right next door to our dealership for service!

That hasn't worked with my dealership (not Camping World).

It is very apparent that they were more interested in the sale of our trailer . . .

And once off of their lot, they could care less about our happiness with said product.

By the way . . . it was two years ago today that we bought our Trail Runner . . .

Too bad that our dealership couldn't be bothered to keep our business.

Matter of fact, I now will be taking our trailer right next door to our dealership for service!

Have the same experience with Camping World of Columbia, MO. Have had the new trailer 4 months, and still waiting to get all the add ons agreed to at time of purchase. Also they won't honor warranty, when AC quit, they told me to get it fixed and submit receipt to heartland. Would not even discuss it beyond that.