Pin Box Recommendation

Wiff155

Does anyone know which pin box is better the MOR/ryde or Trailair rota-flex? I have a TrailSaver TS3 Hitch.

MikeR

I don't know if one is better than the other. They each have a different function. Since you have air bags and shocks on your hitch, the Trail-Air might duplicate the function of your TS3. The motion of the MorRyde is sliding back and forth removing the chucking of the pin. I have a Hensley BD3 hitch and a MorRyde pin box. They work very well together.

pegmikef

I had the Mor-ryde installed at the factory when I ordered my trailer and it works great with my Reece Elite hitch. No chucking. I have air bags on the truck. . . but, having never had a fiver before, I don't really know how it compares to others.

Jim.Allison

I have a BD3, and I can tell you that its hard to beat. I cannot see why you would want to add another system. It is RARE that I take a chuck in the drivers seat. The biggest problem and it is hardly a problem is when I get on a segmented highway and the segments are evenly spaced, then it is possible to develop a kind of looping but if I slow down a little bit it goes away. I have experienced this when not towing also, so I'm not really sure that it's related to towing. And I don't know if you would eliminate that with any combination of pin boxes and hitches. More things = more money = more maintenance. Spend money on good tires. There are plenty of good safety mods that can be done that will get you more bang for the buck.

GOTTOYS

The Trail-Aire Rota Flex is not the same as the Trail-Aire air ride hitch we are familiar with. It like the Mor-Ryde, is designed to dampen chucking or the fore and aft movement while towing. The air ride hitch will provide dampening of any up and down movement. They are both designed to do the same thing but the Mor-Ryde version is much more popular. Mor-Ryde also offers different levels of dampening through the use of different rubber inserts which can be tailored toward your needs. I don't think the Rota Flex offers this. If you feel you have a need to control chucking I would go with the Mor-Ryde version, but that's just my opinion...Don

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I can only speak to the MorRyde but it has performed as advertised! I wouldn't hesitate a minute to buy one again

Wiff155

Thank you all! Based on all your recommendations I now know which one to get. Thanks again for the input.

DWChris

I have the Mor-ryde with the Hensley TS-3 hitch. Works great. The pin takes out the chucking and the hitch takes out the bounce. Hardly know my Landmark is back there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I have the same setup as DWChris. I tow with an F450. Its bumpy in the cab on non-smooth roads. That said, I really like the TS3. The Mor/ryde hitch is okay. I really like the performance of the Trailair with TriGlide, though I destroyed a couple of them. Back to the Mor/ryde, I do like zero maintenance.