Going from Memphis, TN to North Carolina

wingfoot

Planning a trip from Memphis, TN to the North Carolina line, via I40. Any suggestions on campgrounds along the way? We won't mind traveling about twenty or thirty miles off I40. Our destination is about 550 miles up I40 and we like the 250 mile 2:00 rule for traveling.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Larry

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Planning a trip from Memphis, TN to the North Carolina line, via I40. Any suggestions on campgrounds along the way? We won't mind traveling about twenty or thirty miles off I40. Our destination is about 550 miles up I40 and we like the 250 mile 2:00 rule for traveling.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Larry
Nashville TWO RIVERS CAMPGROUND IS NICE
LINDAW

Cjackg

Creekwood Farm RV Park is just east of the TN/NC line near Maggie Valley & Waynesville NC at I40 Exit 20. It is just a mile off the Interstate and is a great place to stay. Not cheap but well worth it.

http://creekwoodfarmrv.com/

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Spring Lake is a great small campground about 5 miles off I-40 in Crossville. The Tn rally was held there in 2013. Soaring Eagle in Lenoir City is right on I-40 and ok for an overnight stay. Pigeon Forge has more campgrounds then you can shake a stick at so pick your choice. In Dandridge (just pasted Pigeon Forge) a new campground just opened up called Anchor Down RV Resort. Haven't stayed there but they have had good reviews. Hope this helps.

VKTalley

Depending on when you are coming, the Traveling Talleys are in Nashville KOA on Music Valley until September 26.

Seren

Left Trails End RV Park 2 weeks ago. It is about 15 mins off I 40 North of Waynesville, NC . Quiet, beautiful campground, with wonderful view of mountains. Discount for PA. We will go back if in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk