Heartland is Growing!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thor Industries Inc. today (Sept. 15) announced several projects to expand production and office space at its Heartland Recreational Vehicles subsidiary in Elkhart, Ind.

According to a press release, the projects include the purchase and renovation of an existing office building, expansion of a plant dedicated to production of lightweight travel trailers, expansion of a production facility to produce toy haulers, the renovation and dedication of a single facility to the production of destination trailers, and the purchase and renovation of a building for a new service center.

“Heartland has made great strides in growing our sales and enhancing our market position to the point where we need to make an investment in infrastructure to support our future growth,” commented Chris Hermon, Heartland president. “In total, we are planning to invest nearly $8 million in new or renovated facilities to take better care of our dealer partners and retail consumers, at both the front end with enhanced production and the back end with superior service after the sale. We are truly excited with this expansion program as it will allow us to not only meet the needs of dealers and consumers but also exceed their expectations.”

Heartland’s expansion program includes a new dedicated facility to build lightweight travel trailers with greater efficiency and even higher quality standards. The company also renovated another facility to house the production of its No. 1 selling toy hauler.

In addition, Heartland announced that it would begin producing destination trailers in a dedicated facility with year-round production, illustrating its leadership in that unique market. The company is also improving its service capabilities with the addition of 15 service bays to meet the needs of retail customers, as well as a new service lounge to enhance the customer experience.

With its focus on products that are growing fastest in the market, Heartland expects to increase overall production capacity by nearly 20%, while adding approximately 85 jobs in Elkhart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That is great news. It is good to own a product that has that kind of support. Too many times we have bought products that get not support. Keep up the great work Heartland.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Btw, I repost this from RV Business, so sorry guys, I don't have any answers other than what was in this article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk